Fake tip money with a religious message on it

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Fake tip money with a religious message on it
(10-08-2015 05:52 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Too true.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/tipped.htm

Department of Labor info...$2.13 an hour in some places...let that sink in.

And for those who say that the servers should get a better job and it's all their fault - remember who brings you your food next time you go out to eat.

2.13 an hour is the minimum an employer can pay their employee if tips are making up the difference and boosting that employees total wages to federal minimum wage. Should the tips not make up the difference, the employer is required by law to do so themselves. I have already made this post on page 2.

And, pray tell, precisely how well do you suppose employers self-regulate on the matter?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2015 07:35 PM by Gilgamesh.)
RE: Fake tip money with a religious message on it
(10-08-2015 06:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(10-08-2015 05:52 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  2.13 an hour is the minimum an employer can pay their employee if tips are making up the difference and boosting that employees total wages to federal minimum wage. Should the tips not make up the difference, the employer is required by law to do so themselves. I have already made this post on page 2.

And, pray tell, precisely how well do you suppose employers self-regulate on the matter?

I've already answered this earlier in the thread.

They often fire those who make them pay the difference.

I'm completely in support of the idea that workers that work under the 'tip model' should just get min wage by default; making tipping irrelevant to the pay they get from their employer. I've said this earlier, too.

But the notion that tipped workers are legally paid less than min wage is a myth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply