Faking atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 12:07 PM by Elenambass.)
Faking atheism
I am not an atheist in the closet but either am I broadcasting it. If people ask about my religious beliefs, I tell them right away I am an atheist.
I have seen so many people raising an eyebrow to it or even telling me that I will go to hell. That's okay with me. I respect their beliefs.
What throws me off is having guys who want to get into my panties telling me "I am an atheist too!"
It doesn't take long to realize that they are just saying it because they can never tell me why they don't believe in god. Some of them even admitted saying it because I would think they are cool.
Does this happen to you too?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 11:57 AM
RE: Faking atheism
I live in a very small town, so being an atheist is sort of an "odd thing" here, so I can't say it's an issue with seeing people fake it. However, I think it's safe to say that people often fake being something they aren't simply to make an impression on someone they are infatuated with etc. I'm sorry you have to put up with that Undecided

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
07-09-2014, 11:58 AM
(07-09-2014 11:55 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  I am not an atheist in the closet but either am I broadcasting it. If people ask about my religious beliefs, i tell them right away I am an atheist.
I have seen so many people raising an eyebrow to it or even telling me that I will go to hell. That's okay with me. I respect their beliefs.
What throws me off is having guys who want to get into my pants telling me "I am an atheist too!"
It doesn't take long to realize that they are just saying it because they can never tell me why they don't believe in god. Some of them even admitted saying it because I would think they are cool.

O.o I cant imagine social suicide "cool" and "fun"

Lol.
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
(07-09-2014 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 11:55 AM)Elenambass Wrote:  I am not an atheist in the closet but either am I broadcasting it. If people ask about my religious beliefs, i tell them right away I am an atheist.
What throws me off is having guys who want to get into my pants telling me "I am an atheist too!"

O.o I cant imagine social suicide "cool" and "fun"

Lol.

I can see how perhaps in a big city or something it may not be that big of a deal.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
07-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Guys wanting to get into my pants?

Not as often as it used to.

Dodgy

I draw a distinction between respecting the person and respecting beliefs. I don't respect ill-founded beliefs.

But if a girl lied just to get my panties off? I'd like to see them try. Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
07-09-2014, 12:04 PM
(07-09-2014 12:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(07-09-2014 11:58 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  O.o I cant imagine social suicide "cool" and "fun"

Lol.

I can see how perhaps in a big city or something it may not be that big of a deal.

I live in a biggish city. Its still a big deal here sadly. I'm sure its not as big a deal as it is from the area your from. (If I remember what part of the state you are from) But its still sad.

Im open about being an atheist because its true. Not because I want someone to think I'm cool.

I never worried about being cool. Lol.

Also to OP. I'm sorry some ass did that to you. Its not right.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-09-2014, 01:28 PM
No one has to lie to get in my pants - it's more a case of convincin' 'em to boldly go there... Dodgy Goddammit what's wrong with my pants?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-09-2014, 01:50 PM
(07-09-2014 01:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  No one has to lie to get in my pants - it's more a case of convincin' 'em to boldly go there... Dodgy Goddammit what's wrong with my pants?

I know right? mine too.

07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
LOLing

all the pants.....Drooling
07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
(07-09-2014 09:14 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  LOLing

all the pants.....Drooling

Heh, I saw your avatar and immediately thought... Faster Laugh out load Tongue

Oh, and as to the OP, that really sucks. Hug Where I live, it is much more likely that one would fake being a Christian, I am sure, as being an atheist round these parts tends to get you one of these looks: Blink