Fall TV shows & others I'm looking forward to

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Fall TV shows & others I'm looking forward to
Just finished watching season 1 of a tv series called Second Chance.
Highly recommend it. Good original writing and good acting.

Currently into binge watching Marvel's Luke Cage.
A good show, but can't really be compared to Daredevil.
I would place it a step below Alias Jessica Jones.
I love the main actor. He's doing a hell of a job, but the story line is fairly flat.
(drug dealers in Harlem. Luke Cage shuts them down)
Not really much depth there.

The other shows like Flash, The Arrow, Supergirl are good, but they do get repetitive.
Gotham has a bit more depth and unexpected surprises for me. You never quite know what they have up their sleeves.

What other fall shows are you watching or looking forward to ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2016, 07:21 PM
RE: Fall TV shows & others I'm looking forward to
Quote:Currently into binge watching Marvel's Luke Cage.

3 episodes to go (so I'll finish it tomorrow or the next day). Fuck it's good.

Quote:I love the main actor. He's doing a hell of a job

I don't know if you're a video game guy but he was Locke in the Halo 5 (and I assume will be in Halo 6 too), he was good in that too.
I agree he's doing a great job. I was happy with every single one of the actors till Diamondback showed up. They all were doing a good job but Diamondback.. ehh..

Quote:but the story line is fairly flat.

Fuck off the stories great. Tongue There's more to it than that. There's Luke's backstory, Cottonmouths story and backstory and other characters.
There's power struggles, politics (both literal politics and the politics of vigilante v law). All movies/tv shows story could be reduced to one line.

Regarding other shows. There's not much out right now. Family Guy is out but this season sucks. South Park was always meh and episodes are only 20minutes.
The Big Bang Theory is unwatchably shit. So basically until Bob's Burgers come back all my comedy shows are out. Ummm Dragon's Den and Shark Tank when they're on, oh and The Profit now too. Stranger Things. If you haven't watched Stranger Things watch that shit, best show 2016. Mr Robot lost my interest this season which is a shame. Fear of the Walking Dead inevitably lost my interest because that show sucks. Z Nation is back and is it's same weird but in a good way self.

Other than that there's really not much to watch. Same with the movie side as well, not many good movies out.
04-10-2016, 07:33 PM
RE: Fall TV shows & others I'm looking forward to
The last episode of Luke Cage finally did something unexpected and it was so damn good.
That's what they need to do.

About to watch episode 8.
I agree the back stories have been good, especially Cottonmouths. He had so much talent as a young kid, but the family he was raised in took him down a back alley and got him dirty.
A damn shame.

Sometimes I feel like a lot of kids are in that same kind of situation. They have the talent, but no support.
Instead only they get as far in life as their friends or family will let them.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results