Fall and Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2014, 10:33 PM
Fall and Redemption
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcaw8XWiB-A

To my way of thinking, there is no doctrine of Christianity that is more obnoxious, childish, and socially and psychologically damaging, than the doctrine of the Fall and Redemption of mankind. This celestial soap opera makes absolutely no sense, and yet, is integral to the Christian system of belief.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like 666wannabe's post
29-12-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: Fall and Redemption
Original sin is an absurdity perpetuated by theologists who couldn't read the first three chapters of their own holy book.

God lies, the Serpent tells the truth and humanity is expelled from the garden because god is worried about competition.

Fun video. Amusing speaker. Wish we had more theists like him.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
29-12-2014, 11:38 PM
thank you so much st.Augustine.............. jerk

[Image: 097-Jesus-Never-Heard-of-Original-Sin.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Ace's post
30-12-2014, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2014 12:05 AM by dancefortwo.)
(29-12-2014 10:33 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcaw8XWiB-A

To my way of thinking, there is no doctrine of Christianity that is more obnoxious, childish, and socially and psychologically damaging, than the doctrine of the Fall and Redemption of mankind. This celestial soap opera makes absolutely no sense, and yet, is integral to the Christian system of belief.

Yup. It is without a doubt the single most unappealing, disgusting, aborrant concept to infuse itself into any religion. Thinking all of humanity is born sinful is sadistic and for this to be the foundation for a religion is hateful.

Everything pivots around this one stupid idea and without convincing you that you are born bad, Christians have no leverage. That's why they spend sooo much god damned effort and time trying to make super-duper sure people know what miserable sinners they are. Then these self righteous idiots throw out a what they think is a life raft to save you. God, I

despise that whole concept. And what's worse is that there is no evidence for any of it. Idiots!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
30-12-2014, 12:51 AM
If I can't create an imaginary danger, how am I suppose to save you ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-12-2014, 12:59 AM
Ezekiel 18:20 Wrote:The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
30-12-2014, 01:02 AM
(30-12-2014 12:51 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I can't create an imaginary danger, how am I suppose to save you ?

And for 10% of your gross income at that...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-12-2014, 05:18 AM
(29-12-2014 11:14 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Original sin is an absurdity perpetuated by theologists who couldn't read the first three chapters of their own holy book.

God lies, the Serpent tells the truth and humanity is expelled from the garden because god is worried about competition.

Fun video. Amusing speaker. Wish we had more theists like him.

What God? What Serpent? It's all a soap opera.

John Shelby Spong wrote a book named Why Christianity Must Change or Die. I think that Christianity is a sinking ship--it may not be recognized as a complete myth in my lifetime.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
30-12-2014, 05:35 AM
(30-12-2014 12:59 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
Ezekiel 18:20 Wrote:The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself.

blah-blah-blah!!!

[+] 1 user Likes 666wannabe's post
30-12-2014, 05:37 AM
(30-12-2014 12:51 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I can't create an imaginary danger, how am I suppose to save you ?

Christians like breaking people's legs and them giving them band-aids. It makes them feel righteous.