Fall and Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 10:12 AM
RE: Fall and Redemption
(30-12-2014 05:37 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 12:51 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If I can't create an imaginary danger, how am I suppose to save you ?

Christians like breaking people's legs and them giving them band-aids. It makes them feel righteous.

Yup. It's the most demoralizing religion ever invented. It's sick, sick, sick to make people think they're born sinners. I hate Christianity.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
30-12-2014, 10:15 AM
*oops wrong thread*

Don't mind me.

I done derped.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-12-2014, 10:18 AM
I reject original sin... more and more modern theologians are doing the same... well Reformed theologians... can't imagine an Arminian could ever reject original sin.

Edit:

You know... it would have been easier if I would have just posted this comment in my edited misplaced comment above instead of making two posts.

Double derp?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-12-2014, 01:26 PM
(30-12-2014 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I reject original sin... more and more modern theologians are doing the same... well Reformed theologians... can't imagine an Arminian could ever reject original sin.

It's nice to see that old abscene guilt trip being rejected by the more moderate varieties of Christianity. I'll be interested to see how they change in its absence. It's a major shift in thinking that's bound to redefine much of how and what they believe.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
30-12-2014, 01:31 PM
(30-12-2014 01:26 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 10:18 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I reject original sin... more and more modern theologians are doing the same... well Reformed theologians... can't imagine an Arminian could ever reject original sin.

It's nice to see that old abscene guilt trip being rejected by the more moderate varieties of Christianity. I'll be interested to see how they change in its absence. It's a major shift in thinking that's bound to redefine much of how and what they believe.

There's a lot that goes into it, but I'll try and give the tl;dr version:

God created us to sin; therefore we sin because we were always sinners and were never without sin. To be without sin would be perfect like God. God did not create us as gods but flawed, sinful people.

30-12-2014, 03:48 PM
(30-12-2014 10:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 05:37 AM)666wannabe Wrote:  Christians like breaking people's legs and them giving them band-aids. It makes them feel righteous.

Yup. It's the most demoralizing religion ever invented. It's sick, sick, sick to make people think they're born sinners. I hate Christianity.

I am in the process of listening to Robert Green Ingersoll on Youtube. He certainly pulled no punches about his hatred for the doctrines promoted by Christian (pardon the expression) morality.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
30-12-2014, 05:59 PM
(30-12-2014 01:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 01:26 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  It's nice to see that old abscene guilt trip being rejected by the more moderate varieties of Christianity. I'll be interested to see how they change in its absence. It's a major shift in thinking that's bound to redefine much of how and what they believe.

There's a lot that goes into it, but I'll try and give the tl;dr version:

God created us to sin; therefore we sin because we were always sinners and were never without sin. To be without sin would be perfect like God. God did not create us as gods but flawed, sinful people.

I reject being created to sin. It's an absurd concept created to control people.

Those who believe this dehumanizing crap are not right in the head.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-12-2014, 06:51 PM
(30-12-2014 01:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  God created us to sin; therefore we sin because we were always sinners and were never without sin. To be without sin would be perfect like God. God did not create us as gods but flawed, sinful people.

Speak for yourself sonny. Your God sounds silly. Why would anyone want to make flawed shit? Is it some kinda campy B-movie appeal sorta thing?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-12-2014, 07:06 PM
(30-12-2014 12:01 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 10:33 PM)666wannabe Wrote:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcaw8XWiB-A

To my way of thinking, there is no doctrine of Christianity that is more obnoxious, childish, and socially and psychologically damaging, than the doctrine of the Fall and Redemption of mankind. This celestial soap opera makes absolutely no sense, and yet, is integral to the Christian system of belief.

Yup. It is without a doubt the single most unappealing, disgusting, aborrant concept to infuse itself into any religion. Thinking all of humanity is born sinful is sadistic and for this to be the foundation for a religion is hateful.

I dunno, scapegoating through vicarious blood sacrifice is pretty unappealing and disgusting. Just sayin'.
[+] 1 user Likes Cthulhu Dreaming's post
30-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I am not related biologically to animated dirt.
The fall has nothing to do with me.

I'm more of a spring kind of guy.

(Tried to make a vague reference to string theory while also using seasonal references )

But I failed.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results