Fall and Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Fall and Redemption
(30-12-2014 01:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-12-2014 01:26 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  It's nice to see that old abscene guilt trip being rejected by the more moderate varieties of Christianity. I'll be interested to see how they change in its absence. It's a major shift in thinking that's bound to redefine much of how and what they believe.

There's a lot that goes into it, but I'll try and give the tl;dr version:

God created us to sin; therefore we sin because we were always sinners and were never without sin. To be without sin would be perfect like God. God did not create us as gods but flawed, sinful people.

Thanks, I know the basics of the whole ugly original sin business. As I said above, good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm more interested in how the churches will redefine themselves once they've shed it. That guilt has been the cornerstone of a lot of religious belief for a long time. Without it they're in for some big changes.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: Fall and Redemption
(30-12-2014 06:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Speak for yourself sonny.

I thought I was?

That's all I ever do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply