Fall down seven, stand up eight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: Fall down seven, stand up eight.
(18-01-2011 11:22 PM)mBear Wrote:  what I meant was I'm glad I waited and had a few meaningful relationships than many meaningless ones. It's really just a personal preference.

Indeed it is. And, I'm the total opposite of you. I'm really glad I had many meaningless relationships before I finally had a meaningful one.

To each their own, I guess.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd have to agree with BnW to some degree, all relationships are meaningless to me after they're over. I still enjoyed them though.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
20-01-2011, 12:07 AM
(19-01-2011 08:19 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  I'd have to agree with BnW to some degree, all relationships are meaningless to me after they're over. I still enjoyed them though.

No relationship is meaningless. It is a part of your life and experience. It is part of your growing and maturing process. You simply wouldn't enter a relationship if it was truely meaningless. The term "casual relationship" is probably a better description. Even "frivolous relationship" may fit.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
20-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Tell me when you pass the relationship chapter , I'm level 0 in that department.
20-01-2011, 06:15 AM
(20-01-2011 04:38 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Tell me when you pass the relationship chapter , I'm level 0 in that department.

Yea me too, my speech is only 8, I shouldn't have taken so many points out of charisma...
Sorry, been playing too much fallout recently.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

20-01-2011, 06:59 AM
(20-01-2011 06:15 AM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Yea me too, my speech is only 8, I shouldn't have taken so many points out of charisma...
Sorry, been playing too much fallout recently.

Played it a bit too - I was actually referring to Oblivion where the more you use a skill , the better it is.
Are you playing Fallout 3 or New Vegas , or the older ones ?
20-01-2011, 07:02 AM

No relationship is meaningless. Be it getting dumped by your GF after a month, getting fired by an asshole boss after a week, or having a lifelong happy marriage; you will learn something about humanity good or bad and can use it towards dealing with people and relationships in the future.
Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2011, 09:32 AM
(20-01-2011 07:02 AM)Free_Thinker Wrote:  No relationship is meaningless. Be it getting dumped by your GF after a month, getting fired by an asshole boss after a week, or having a lifelong happy marriage; you will learn something about humanity good or bad and can use it towards dealing with people and relationships in the future.

I like that logic. Ok, I have not had "meaningless" relationships. I've had a number of superficial relationships based solely on physical attraction and my most basic urges but they all had meaning.

And, many years later I'm pleased to now learn I'm a better man for it. My youth has just been validated.

This is awesome.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
20-01-2011, 02:23 PM
lol yea you can justify anything with a little logic Big Grin
@gaglamesh I'm playing new vegas but thinking of replaying fallout 3 soon.

21-01-2011, 01:09 AM
@underTheMicroscope

well , there's good logic , then there's apologetics (no relation to the relationship discussion - so nobody get offended)
I actually just recently got the DLC pack for Fallout 3 so I may enjoy that.
I wish there was a huge mod for it though Sad
Check out Nehrim , the mod for Oblivion to see what I mean - couldn't find such a comprehensive mod for Fallout and it makes me sad.