Fallacies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Fallacies
How did the dude come to the conclusion that Satan is responsible for logical fallacies? Not by using any kind of logic, I hope.

This is the problem with such "scorched Earth " tactics. They are willingly throwing all their tools away, and with them, the ability to make any kind of supported statement whatsoever.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
25-09-2017, 07:37 PM
(25-09-2017 10:37 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  How did the dude come to the conclusion that Satan is responsible for logical fallacies?
I have absolutely no idea. No

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Sounds like he's engaged in poisoning the well, as well as arguing in bad faith.

Such a person is not worth wasting time with, I don't see how any positive outcome could result.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
26-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Tell him there is an invisible fairy standing on his left shoulder influencing all his thoughts and that he therefore isn't able to think straight about this. Then watch him present you with all the arguments that he should be listening to from you about why that fairy isn't really there.

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
26-09-2017, 10:33 AM
Heard something really funny yesterday that this reminds me of: "Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it."

An approach I go to is basic questions about how they know what is true? In a discussion I had on youtube I asserted that the Bible could be just the thing "The Deceiver (Satan)" might conjure up to fool the unwitting. I asked them how they knew this was not the case. Usually the first response is to tell me I'm Satan or say I'm doing the devil's work. Again I say: "How do you know?" and reiterate that I'm only asking them to think for themselves. One poster promised back that he'd read the Bible without the 'benefit' of theological guidance so I count that as one de-conversion.

Try an app called "Atheos" for practice.

I'm agnostic on agnosticism
26-11-2017, 05:31 AM
Fallacies? Want fallacies?

http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=106542

"I wouldn't have had I been able."--- Anon