Falling in Love online or someone you've never met... LULZ!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Falling in Love online or someone you've never met... LULZ!
So I've noticed quiet a few people will "talk" to someone they have never met. For example, you meet someone threw a social site (facebook) and you say you are "In Love" with them. You text them but you've never actually met them in person. Then you are dating them even though you have never met them in real life... Honestly i find it very VERY FUNNY. It's ridiculous to love someone you've never met. If you do that then i guess you really don't know what love is 0.0
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: Falling in Love online or someone you've never met... LULZ!
I'm sure you know the statistics already but a fifth of marriages are couples who met online. Love isn't about being physically with the person(though its a bonus) its about caring for them and them caring for you. If you think love is only when you can fuck and watch movies together than you're the one who doesn't know what love is.
I met my girlfriend online, I'll admit to that, and yes I've met her in person, but I got to know and love her because of how much we talked back and forth. We didn't just look at each other and decide we found each other attractive, we had to actually learn about each other; our motivations, our dreams, what we wanted in life and what we thought of the world around us. We ended up liking each other the more we found out, I've never had as deep a relationship than the one I have with her.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
30-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Both my brother and sister met their partners online and me as well. In fact I was the one who made the mistake but it's still going ok. Mine is one anyone should laugh at, or feel sorry for me if they must.

I met a girl while playing an MMO called Grand Chase, she said she was 14 (i was 24). we ended up playing together for a while, and then through some other in game acquaintances started a cute relationship. I really liked her answers to things so I let it be real. 2 years later my cute relationship with a little girl ended up being a serious relationship with a guy a year older than me. I fell in love with a completely different person than the one I'm with even though it's really the same person. He ended up having a lot of issues, such as the age lie was because he had a girlfriend and didn't want relationship talk online. We've been through a lot and there's still a lot of trouble in the pursuit of coming together, but I know who I want to be with.

It's easy to go out and meet someone who you feel an attraction to. It's hard to find someone you really would go out of your way to be with. No matter how you find such a person it's really not something to be mocked.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Hmm all good points but still, you don't REALLY know someone until you have met them in person. What im saying is "dating" someone from Texas while your in Florida... You have never met them yet you love them, its just ridiculous lol
01-12-2011, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2011 05:39 PM by Hamata k.)
Am I the only one who thinks that online dating is a terrible idea? The whole idea seems like one big recipe for failure. Then again that's me.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
What is love except for those good feelings they can give you about yourself......that special connection you feel with sombody.

Love is blind, illogical and doesnt care for distances.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
01-12-2011, 10:36 AM
I have mixed feelings about this topic.

So I met this girl (and several others whom I still remain friends with~) on the internet while roleplaying on Myspace about two years ago. In our specified internet group, there was this asshole who made his way into our reality, and she claimed to have fallen in love with him. I had never met him, she had never met him, and the end of it all only resulted into disaster. She kept going back to him though-- repeatitively texting him again, and then after it'd end awfully over and over, every time she'd come crying to me; saying that she loved him more than anything, and that they had so much in common and that they were meant to be together, and blah blah blah. I'm usually a very patient person who deals well advice, but this literally got to the point that I got sick and tired of it. I snapped on her about it, and we didn't talk for some time. Not until she apologized to me, and we decided we'd never speak of her nonsense internet/phone call relationship.

But then she just dug up ways to be even more dramatic, and I've recently just cut her off. Because she pushed my tolerance over the line, and I think that a human being can only be overwhelmed up to a certain point, you know? :|

NOW about my more positive feelings towards this; I kind of met my boyfriend on the internet. Of course, he lived near me, and went to a rival school close by. He messaged me on facebook, and we texted for a couple of weeks before we hung out for the first time. And when we did meet each other for the first time, it seemed like we'd hung out several times before. I actually don't think we would've ever met if it weren't for social networking. We hang out with completely different people, but we get along with each other so well. He had first commented on one of my pictures, and then messaged me saying "Not hitting on you, but you're cute. What's your favorite band?" Hahaha... it eventually evolved into "Hey! My friends are going to Taco Bell. But do you want to just go and get coffee with me at Waffle House (because it's close by) instead?"
We ended up getting coffee AND Taco Bell anyways. :]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 10:48 AM
(01-12-2011 10:13 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks that online dating is a terrible idea? The whole idea seems like one bug recipe for failure. Then again that's me.

Lulz xDD Trolllolololol
02-12-2011, 05:04 PM
My eldest son, GirlyBoy, met his wife online in WoW. She lives across the country in Ashland, OR (aka "Hippie Central"). I was like, "Well, that's just fucking weird." But they've given me a beautiful granddaughter and he now appreciates what it means to be a grown-ass man. It's all good. ... Ain't no explaining love.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-12-2011, 05:32 PM

I posted this before, somewhere else.

I corresponded with my wife for 6 months before we ever met (way before internet times).

I was in love with her before we met and, meeting, finally, just confirmed it.

That was 30 years ago.

We have been living happily ever since.

Miracles do happen sometime, if you are lucky enough.
Quote this message in a reply