Fallout 1 or 2 anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Fallout 1 or 2 anyone?
They are really, really hard games to me. But I still like them and play them for lore. You can get both for free at goodoldgames.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: Fallout 1 or 2 anyone?
(26-04-2014 06:53 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  They are really, really hard games to me. But I still like them and play them for lore. You can get both for free at goodoldgames.com

Nfi what your post is about, but Fallout2 had a lifelong effect on me. I still revisit it every few years.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
26-04-2014, 11:54 AM
(26-04-2014 10:31 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 06:53 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  They are really, really hard games to me. But I still like them and play them for lore. You can get both for free at goodoldgames.com

Nfi what your post is about, but Fallout2 had a lifelong effect on me. I still revisit it every few years.

Some of the Fallout 2 characters also are in New Vegas, the real Fallout 3 IMHO.
26-04-2014, 08:20 PM
(26-04-2014 11:54 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 10:31 AM)sporehux Wrote:  Nfi what your post is about, but Fallout2 had a lifelong effect on me. I still revisit it every few years.

Some of the Fallout 2 characters also are in New Vegas, the real Fallout 3 IMHO.

You must be the first person I've seen that prefers NV to FO3.

FO1/2 are certainly challenging. But that's the era, games back than were just harder. You had lives (anybody remember playing games with lives..?) and non-regenerating health bars (coupled with a rarity of available potions).
Further, when you died you actually lost shit. Like xp or gear or just straight up the whole game.

It's like, Dark Souls is considered a hard game. But after playing it it's so much like games like FO1/2, those old school games that were hard. So it's not that Dark Souls is hard, it's that everything else got easy.

Don't get me wrong though, making games easy has its benefits like being able to play them longer than 5minutes without snapping the disk...
But hard games like old school games and Dark Souls have their place.

Also, the good thing about old games is that the story is still good. Yea that graphics and UI are shit, but the story's are timeless.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-04-2014, 10:10 PM
(26-04-2014 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 11:54 AM)An_Theist Wrote:  Some of the Fallout 2 characters also are in New Vegas, the real Fallout 3 IMHO.

You must be the first person I've seen that prefers NV to FO3.

FO1/2 are certainly challenging. But that's the era, games back than were just harder. You had lives (anybody remember playing games with lives..?) and non-regenerating health bars (coupled with a rarity of available potions).
Further, when you died you actually lost shit. Like xp or gear or just straight up the whole game.

It's like, Dark Souls is considered a hard game. But after playing it it's so much like games like FO1/2, those old school games that were hard. So it's not that Dark Souls is hard, it's that everything else got easy.

Don't get me wrong though, making games easy has its benefits like being able to play them longer than 5minutes without snapping the disk...

Also, the good thing about old games is that the story is still good. Yea that graphics and UI are shit, but the story's are timeless.

I love nv! The dlc is also pretty cool! Thumbsup

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
26-04-2014, 10:13 PM
(26-04-2014 10:10 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You must be the first person I've seen that prefers NV to FO3.

I love nv! The dlc is also pretty cool! Thumbsup

Don't get me wrong, I love NV too, so do most people. I'm just saying most prefer FO3 to NV.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-04-2014, 10:20 PM
(26-04-2014 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 10:10 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I love nv! The dlc is also pretty cool! Thumbsup

Don't get me wrong, I love NV too, so do most people. I'm just saying most prefer FO3 to NV.

Yeah that's how I took what you said ... I didn't really explain anything in my last post Big Grin

Like you, I love the FO series. ... On paper, j agree and accept FO3 is a 'better' game than NV but for me, there was something in the atmosphere of NV that I found more engaging. I can't quite put my finger on it, it's purely subjective!

I'm excited to see what happens on the PS4 with the franchise Big Grin

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
27-04-2014, 04:41 PM
(26-04-2014 10:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-04-2014 10:10 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I love nv! The dlc is also pretty cool! Thumbsup

Yes, FO3 was a virtual masterpiece. Just thought that New Vegas respected the lore and everything a bit more and revisited some old faces and just showed more stuff. Plus it brought back the comic relief that was so needed in Washington DC.
27-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Wow! You just gave me an epic childhood flash.

I need to find the games and play them again now.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
27-04-2014, 04:52 PM
(27-04-2014 04:49 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Wow! You just gave me an epic childhood flash.

I need to find the games and play them again now.

http://www.gog.com/

Free, 1 and 2.
[+] 1 user Likes An_Theist's post