Fallout 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Fallout 3
I finally got around to getting this. Enjoying a lot so far. Wondering if anyone knew any good mods.
I was also wondering about New Vegas, I heard a lot of bad things from my friends so I avoided it. What do people that have played both think of NV?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Fallout 3
Man, I used to play that game all the time. I need to reinstall it.

New Vegas was ok, but not as good as Fallout 3. Mainly the invisible walls and the artificial barriers (putting deathclaws just north of the starting area to stop you from going north, forcing you to go east instead). It had a more open plotline, but felt less open in the environment in the early game because of these barriers. If you can make it to the mid-game though it's pretty solid.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
If they recreate a fallout on the skyrim engine, I will die a happy man.
05-11-2012, 04:25 AM
There are DLC's for Fallout 3 and for New Vegas. Both games are extraordinary good. They ARE Fallout games, stop asking stupid questions, everything Fallout is god. Tongue

Always trust in Fallout...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
05-11-2012, 03:59 PM
Both games did certain things better than the other. I thought the setting in F3 was superior, with more of a sense of devastation than the 'cowboys with lasers' feel of NV. I enjoyed the alternate history aspect quite a bit more, too, and NV just didn't have that. NV's storyline was better, though a Legion playthrough will feel... abrupt. I also enjoyed the little immersive things NV had, like iron sights, better crafting and, of course, hardcore mode (which Skyrim should have been shipped with, imo).
I never really modded Fallout 3, but I modded NV a lot, and some mods were released for both games. Beyond extra weapons and items, I really liked Fellout and Nevada Skies, which add darker nights and weather types (like rad storms) among other things. Another mod I enjoyed was Project Nevada, which rebalanced made cybernetic implants and combat a lot more interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes thirdangletheory's post
05-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I loved fallout 3. I played the shit out of fallout 3. Granted I played it on console but fuck did I ever play that game. I'd had high hopes for NV but the game is not the same. I do like it, but it took a while for me to like it. It's a lot more open ended as for what you can do with npcs right out of the gate and there are a ton of options for how to go about the game, but IMO some of the character was lost. I also found the character moved ridiculously slow. Very frustrating at first but I eventually got used to it.

Fallout 3 I played through several times and new vegas just once.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I have both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV, and I feel New vegas is better as they have worked out quite a lot of bugs prior to Fallout NV, and if you guys check youtube online, you'll see quite a lot of mods. There was this really good one called Wasteland Defense, but I saw it work only on NV...
15-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Have you tried looking on the nexus for mods? There top mods list has several good ones here's a link to there site http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/

As for New Vegas, it was good, but fallout 3 was better. Granted in my option the Old World Blues DLC was enough of a reason to get Fallout new Vegas alone.
[+] 1 user Likes zorahclan's post
20-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Old World Blues, perfect setting...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-11-2012, 08:08 PM
And really funny! I love fallout's sense of humor, and Old World Blues was filled with satirical, over-the-top, and sometimes dark jokes that were delivered with a strait face, and were quite often references to cult hits.
[+] 1 user Likes zorahclan's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fallout 1 or 2 anyone? An_Theist 11 186 07-05-2014 08:23 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Fallout 4: The Survivor 2299 Ferdinand 40 1,120 16-12-2013 01:56 AM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  FREE FALLOUT GAMES !!: 30 Hours left to claim..... sporehux 3 173 12-12-2013 11:28 PM
Last Post: Anudist
  Ridiculously well made Fallout: NV fan movie ELK12695 1 304 01-08-2013 06:02 PM
Last Post: T3hhippie
  Fallout series experts needed UnderTheMicroscope 9 640 03-03-2012 11:17 PM
Last Post: wellspringofderision
  Fallout - Enclaves "final solution" UnderTheMicroscope 18 3,032 29-06-2011 07:31 AM
Last Post: Maskelyne
  Fallout General Green 5 914 20-09-2010 07:17 AM
Last Post: Unbeliever