Poll: Which Faction did You Complete the Main Questline with in Fallout 4?
Minutemen
Railroad
Brotherhood of Steel
Institute
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Fallout 4 Factions *Spoilers*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2016, 08:03 PM
Fallout 4 Factions *Spoilers*
Who did you side with in Fallout 4 and why?

Personally I sided with the Institute. Sure, they have done some shady shit (all for the greater good right?), but they seem to be best hope for the future of humanity. They have technology even greater than anything the pre-war people ever had. They could potentially rebuild civilization in an even greater way then the NCR has (I sided with them in New Vegas). As their leader you could have them reopen communication with the surface and give the CPG (Commonwealth Provisional Government) another try. (If your disposition with Piper is high enough (admired or better) after the Institute ending she will write an article saying that with you in charge the Institute could actually be a good thing.)

It also seems to me that the only reason they kidnap people and make synths of them is because that is the only way they can get what they need from the surface. If they sent up scientists or what not they would probably be attacked on sight. (Nick Valentine at one points comments that he is just about the only non-3rd-gen synth who isn't shot on site). Take for example the seed testing mission; do you think the Institute would be kidnapping people if people were willing to test their seeds for them?

It also seems that the reason the Institute is hated is because of misconceptions. AFAIK the Institute only started replacing people with synths after the CPG "Massacre" (if you listen to the holotapes what actually happened was the Institute started the CPG to create a stable government for the people of the Commonwealth and were going to put their synths at the disposal of the CPG so that they could keep the people safe (and probably kill off raiders and stuff). The alleged "Massacre" happened when the delegates started shooting at each other after years of infighting. The Institute's synth delegate was, rather unsurprisingly given its advanced combat capabilities, the last one standing and the Institute was blamed for the "massacre". The so-called Broken Mask Incident was actually a mistake. If you listen to a holotape found in the Institute what actually happened is someone, without proper authorization, wanted to test the new 3rd gen synths and so sent one to Diamond City. It malfunctioned and shot many people. After these events no one would cooperate with the Institute and they had to use infiltrators to get what they needed from the surface.

I think the worst faction is the Brotherhood of Steel, because they want to genocide the synths, ghouls (and I don't just mean the feral ones) and super mutants (even if they are like Strong). I relished destroying them for the Institute. They are little more than the Enclave-light, and badmouth everything Lyons did when he was in power (like actually helping people). I didn't see much point in completing the main-quest line with the Minutemen because you can be their leader and everything and still side with someone else. The only other faction that really appealed to me is the Railroad (destroying them was really the only thing I regret about siding with the Institute).

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2016, 11:00 AM
RE: Fallout 4 Factions *Spoilers*
bumped

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

13-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Actually... I'm going to try for the ending where pretty much every one... well, except the Institute, gets to walk away and live in harmony.

The Railroad are simply, really, there to look out for the slaves Sinths.

The Brotherhood is only a few steps away from the WH40K Tech priests so not making them in charge is always a good thing.

The Minute men are more a police force.anti raider type of set up than an actual seeming government.

So, just having all three groups wandering around but none of them in charge seems like a good thing to me.

It's the Institute that basically wants to wipe out any opposition so they can rule alone. Pity the player can't change their "World domination"/"Bond villain" outlook. A nuking they will get in my game.
13-02-2016, 01:32 PM
I went with the railroad and the minute men pretty much.

As to why, I felt that the minute men and the railroad wanted to make the world better for everyone as much as they could. Sure BoS and Institute had their good points, but they both wanted to to dominate over another group. I couldnt stand by that. Lol
13-02-2016, 03:50 PM
(13-02-2016 01:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I went with the railroad and the minute men pretty much.

As to why, I felt that the minute men and the railroad wanted to make the world better for everyone as much as they could. Sure BoS and Institute had their good points, but they both wanted to to dominate over another group. I couldnt stand by that. Lol

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-02-2016, 01:49 PM
I haven't actually finished it yet, but I've joined the Institute... Got fucking sick of the Minute Men.

Build your own fucking town Preston.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2016, 11:13 AM
(13-02-2016 01:28 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Actually... I'm going to try for the ending where pretty much every one... well, except the Institute, gets to walk away and live in harmony.

The Brotherhood is only a few steps away from the WH40K Tech priests so not making them in charge is always a good thing.

The Minute men are more a police force.anti raider type of set up than an actual seeming government.

So, just having all three groups wandering around but none of them in charge seems like a good thing to me.

It's the Institute that basically wants to wipe out any opposition so they can rule alone. Pity the player can't change their "World domination"/"Bond villain" outlook. A nuking they will get in my game.

The Institute doesn't want to rule the Commonwealth. The are only the "wiping out the opposition" to ensure their safety. The Brotherhood came to the Commonwealth with the sole aim of destroying the Institute and "cleansing" (see genocide) the land. On my current playthrough I'm trying to do as many quests for each faction before picking sides, but listening to Elder Maxon's cuntish self-righteous rants at the beginning and end of every Brotherhood mission makes me want to punch a hole through my screen. The Railroad I actually like, but they want to destroy the Institute in the end too. Factions who are not actively looking to destroy the Institute (like the Minutemen) are left alone in the Institute ending.

16-02-2016, 12:29 PM
(16-02-2016 11:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:28 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Actually... I'm going to try for the ending where pretty much every one... well, except the Institute, gets to walk away and live in harmony.

The Institute doesn't want to rule the Commonwealth. The are only the "wiping out the opposition" to ensure their safety. The Brotherhood came to the Commonwealth with the sole aim of destroying the Institute and "cleansing" (see genocide) the land. On my current playthrough I'm trying to do as many quests for each faction before picking sides, but listening to Elder Maxon's cuntish self-righteous rants at the beginning and end of every Brotherhood mission makes me want to punch a hole through my screen. The Railroad I actually like, but they want to destroy the Institute in the end too. Factions who are not actively looking to destroy the Institute (like the Minutemen) are left alone in the Institute ending.

Consider

Interesting.....

Thanks. Smile
16-02-2016, 11:19 PM
(13-02-2016 03:50 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-02-2016 01:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I went with the railroad and the minute men pretty much.

Yep. Knew I was right. LOL
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
17-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Well that was an underwhelming ending...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user