Fallout Boner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: Fallout Boner
(12-01-2016 10:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fallout as a gaming series is IMO, meh.
Now don't get me wrong, it's not Far Cry meh, it's still a very good gaming franchise (and 4 is by far the best of that franchise) it's just so over-hyped like how Skyrim was/is.
It's a very good game it's just not as good as people make it out to be. Top 15 not top 10.

Maybe on console... PC mods can actually make it significantly better
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2016, 07:47 AM
(13-01-2016 06:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 04:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's because you smoke crack.

No, it's because the dialogue in New Vegas actually belongs in a Fallout game, as opposed to the trash they stuck in 4 for whatever reason.

And I dislike the levelling system 4 added as well.

Sure 4 looks better, but in my experience I can find no real improvements over Fallout 3 (the last Bethesda-made Fallout), and most certainly none over NV (Obsidian's work) that are not graphical in nature or ripped from the pre-established modding scene.

Hardly ever agree with Earmuffs but I have to with this. New Vegas is the worst Fallout game ever. Fallout Shelter is better than New Vegas.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-01-2016, 09:14 PM
(13-01-2016 07:32 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(12-01-2016 10:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fallout as a gaming series is IMO, meh.
Now don't get me wrong, it's not Far Cry meh, it's still a very good gaming franchise (and 4 is by far the best of that franchise) it's just so over-hyped like how Skyrim was/is.
It's a very good game it's just not as good as people make it out to be. Top 15 not top 10.

Maybe on console... PC mods can actually make it significantly better

I agree (though mods are coming to console or have arrived or something). But I'm not talking about mods, I'm talking about the base game. You know, the thing you paid for.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-01-2016, 11:33 PM
(13-01-2016 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 07:32 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Maybe on console... PC mods can actually make it significantly better

I agree (though mods are coming to console or have arrived or something). But I'm not talking about mods, I'm talking about the base game. You know, the thing you paid for.

The easy and plentiful modding was what I bought... It was actually a selling point for me.
14-01-2016, 01:05 AM
I was addicted to Fallout 4, then I had to finish up my final exams last month. I was so excited for my break, and then? Instead of Fallout, I traveled and spent time with my family. Well worth the tradeoff, but I haven't touched it since late November! And now the spring semester is in full swing. Oh, well.
14-01-2016, 05:43 AM
(13-01-2016 07:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 06:27 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  No, it's because the dialogue in New Vegas actually belongs in a Fallout game, as opposed to the trash they stuck in 4 for whatever reason.

And I dislike the levelling system 4 added as well.

Sure 4 looks better, but in my experience I can find no real improvements over Fallout 3 (the last Bethesda-made Fallout), and most certainly none over NV (Obsidian's work) that are not graphical in nature or ripped from the pre-established modding scene.

Hardly ever agree with Earmuffs but I have to with this. New Vegas is the worst Fallout game ever. Fallout Shelter is better than New Vegas.

Oh yes... Fallout New Vegas sucks... You know, the game that:

-> Fixed the piece of shit repair system that almost made FO3 unbearable to play; ruining any ideas you have of using unique weapons or armor (Wolfgang can only fix them to 80 %, and you have to pay the fucker too). You also don't have to carry with you 5 Chinese Assualt Rifles to keep your first Rifle in peak condition.

-> Had HUNDREDS of weapons and mods, an extensive selection of ammo and actual playstyles based around the type of armor you use instead of the only ones you would bother with in Fallout 3; the T-51b or the Chinese Glitch Stealth Armor.

-> An improved relation system with dozens of factions, which all play a role in the final battle at Hoover Dam.

-> Every follower has interesting quests attached to them that help you actually care about the side characters in the story. And most of them also tie in to the battle of the Dam.

-> Veronica, Cass and of course the most OP follower in Fallout: (that isn't invincible due to a glitch) ED-I.

-> You can choose between several people to work with to determine the fate of New Vegas; House, The Legion, NCR and of course, yourself. Compare that to FO3, where your choice boiled down to putting a canister in a machine or not.

-> A very important one here; the game isn't nearly impossible to play without VATS. With the addition of aiming down the sights, improved accuracy for full auto fire weapons and the fact that the sniper rifles ACTUALLY. FUCKING. WORK, makes VATS a handly edge in combat, but not something you have to use all the time to hit a damn thing.

-> The game brings back characters from Fallout 1 and 2, or tells what happened to them. This is just a nice thing in itself.

->The game has four massive DLC's. Regardless if you like them or not, the game offers the same or more DLC content than Fallout 3 did. And Old World Blues is always awesome.

-> It's got hardcore mode. If you haven't tried it, you should.

-> The game actually has an ENDING. Instead of just saying "The Lone Wanderer was a dick/good guy, and he changed the wasteland" like in Fallout 3, New Vegas ties out what happened to every single major side quest you did, which you know, the orignal Fallout 1 and 2 did...

Fallout NV had three major downsides. The biggest one was that the world was far different than FO3. It a desert, not a complex captial, meaning it has less geographical content. The other two problems is that you become a god in that game within 3 hours if you know what to do, and it's got the Gamebyro engine's glitch-stamp of approval; problems which also plauged Fallout 3.

If you think NV sucks simply because it's smaller than Fallout 3, okay. I can handle a little less content in favor of genuinely better gameplay.

And let's not forget that FO4 is a lot smaller than Skyrim. Didn't bother me much.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
14-01-2016, 06:11 AM
(14-01-2016 05:43 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Fallout NV had three major downsides. The biggest one was that the world was far different than FO3. It a desert, not a complex captial, meaning it has less geographical content. The other two problems is that you become a god in that game within 3 hours if you know what to do, and it's got the Gamebyro engine's glitch-stamp of approval; problems which also plauged Fallout 3.

The game's biggest problem, as someone who went to school for game art & design, is their their ascetic didn't match what Bethesda had created for fallout 3. All of the new stuff they put into the game, all of the new weapons, armor, and other objects, simply didn't mesh all that well with the stuff that was already there.

Simple example, look at the 10mm Pistol, and contrast that with the game's 9mm Pistol. The former is a unique creation that payed homage to artwork of the old games (which themselves borrowed the design from the Frank Miller graphic novel Harboiled), whereas the 9mm Pistol was an unlicensed FN Hi-Power clone. There was also a Colt 45 clone, a AR-15 clone, and a M4 clone.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-01-2016, 06:49 AM
(14-01-2016 06:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:43 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Fallout NV had three major downsides. The biggest one was that the world was far different than FO3. It a desert, not a complex captial, meaning it has less geographical content. The other two problems is that you become a god in that game within 3 hours if you know what to do, and it's got the Gamebyro engine's glitch-stamp of approval; problems which also plauged Fallout 3.

The game's biggest problem, as someone who went to school for game art & design, is their their ascetic didn't match what Bethesda had created for fallout 3. All of the new stuff they put into the game, all of the new weapons, armor, and other objects, simply didn't mesh all that well with the stuff that was already there.

Simple example, look at the 10mm Pistol, and contrast that with the game's 9mm Pistol. The former is a unique creation that payed homage to artwork of the old games (which themselves borrowed the design from the Frank Miller graphic novel Harboiled), whereas the 9mm Pistol was an unlicensed FN Hi-Power clone. There was also a Colt 45 clone, a AR-15 clone, and a M4 clone.

Understandable, but Fallout 3 did that too. The FN FAL, The Type 56 assault rifle, The Remington 870 Riot Shotgun; it's all examples from real weapons. New Vegas's development team could have spent more time making their weapons unique looking, but they didn't. And I found it silly to include to the M4 too since it's a weapon developed the 90's.

However, I don't find any examples of armor not fitting in. We're on the West Coast, no the East. If the stuff that's in NV doesn't fit with what was in Fallout 1 and 2, then there wasn't any government to salvage and distribute the old tech in wholesale.

That New Vegas had a different look is intentional. Whenever you like it or not depends. Some people found the dim and greenish look of Fallout 3 annoying; others the brightness and yellow look of Fallout NV.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
14-01-2016, 06:57 AM
I feel that the radiation would do bad things to the boner.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-01-2016, 06:59 AM
(14-01-2016 05:43 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 07:47 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hardly ever agree with Earmuffs but I have to with this. New Vegas is the worst Fallout game ever. Fallout Shelter is better than New Vegas.

Oh yes... Fallout New Vegas sucks... You know, the game that:

-> Fixed the piece of shit repair system that almost made FO3 unbearable to play; ruining any ideas you have of using unique weapons or armor (Wolfgang can only fix them to 80 %, and you have to pay the fucker too). You also don't have to carry with you 5 Chinese Assualt Rifles to keep your first Rifle in peak condition.

-> Had HUNDREDS of weapons and mods, an extensive selection of ammo and actual playstyles based around the type of armor you use instead of the only ones you would bother with in Fallout 3; the T-51b or the Chinese Glitch Stealth Armor.

-> An improved relation system with dozens of factions, which all play a role in the final battle at Hoover Dam.

-> Every follower has interesting quests attached to them that help you actually care about the side characters in the story. And most of them also tie in to the battle of the Dam.

-> Veronica, Cass and of course the most OP follower in Fallout: (that isn't invincible due to a glitch) ED-I.

-> You can choose between several people to work with to determine the fate of New Vegas; House, The Legion, NCR and of course, yourself. Compare that to FO3, where your choice boiled down to putting a canister in a machine or not.

-> A very important one here; the game isn't nearly impossible to play without VATS. With the addition of aiming down the sights, improved accuracy for full auto fire weapons and the fact that the sniper rifles ACTUALLY. FUCKING. WORK, makes VATS a handly edge in combat, but not something you have to use all the time to hit a damn thing.

-> The game brings back characters from Fallout 1 and 2, or tells what happened to them. This is just a nice thing in itself.

->The game has four massive DLC's. Regardless if you like them or not, the game offers the same or more DLC content than Fallout 3 did. And Old World Blues is always awesome.

-> It's got hardcore mode. If you haven't tried it, you should.

-> The game actually has an ENDING. Instead of just saying "The Lone Wanderer was a dick/good guy, and he changed the wasteland" like in Fallout 3, New Vegas ties out what happened to every single major side quest you did, which you know, the orignal Fallout 1 and 2 did...

Fallout NV had three major downsides. The biggest one was that the world was far different than FO3. It a desert, not a complex captial, meaning it has less geographical content. The other two problems is that you become a god in that game within 3 hours if you know what to do, and it's got the Gamebyro engine's glitch-stamp of approval; problems which also plauged Fallout 3.

If you think NV sucks simply because it's smaller than Fallout 3, okay. I can handle a little less content in favor of genuinely better gameplay.

And let's not forget that FO4 is a lot smaller than Skyrim. Didn't bother me much.

Nevermind the fact that Fallout 3 got more favorable reviews, shipped more copies and won over x3 more awards. Not saying NV isn't a good game, it is in it's own right but out of the franchise it's probably the worst.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze