Fallout series experts needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Fallout series experts needed
I'm writing a fanfiction of Fallout 3/NV and I'd like a proof reader who has a good grasp of the English language and a high degree of knowledge of the canon and lore of the Fallout series.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2012, 06:31 AM
RE: Fallout series experts needed
Is it very long? I'd love to offer my services but I already sign up for more things than I have time for.
If it's a fairly short fic I can read it when I'm supposed to be "compiling" my code though Tongue

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
16-02-2012, 04:52 PM
No, chapters will be fairly long xD

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

21-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I'd be up for that. Perhaps you'd be able to return the favour in kind if and when I ever get something real done on my own collapsing-under-the-weight-of-its-own-ambition interpretation of those games. Wink

"Well, the Bible does say God helps those who help themselves."
"Nah, it doesn’t, actually – that’s from one of Aesop’s fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact – many passages of being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist."
21-02-2012, 07:33 PM
I could certainly try.

21-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Granted, a second opinion on my thing would be more just proofreading and giving feedback on the writing in general. Being brutally honest if something's too self-indulgent and making sure facts (from outside the Fallout universe - history, religion, science, whatever else) are in line with reality.

Back to your thing though - you've got one to look over it so far. How far into it are you?

"Nah, it doesn’t, actually – that’s from one of Aesop’s fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact – many passages of being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist."
22-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Hell yeah I will read it. I played all the games multiple times, but I did not read the full stories and there are a lot of stories and even book that explain the whole history, what happened before the game(s). Feel free to send it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
01-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Big fan of this universe, would love to give your work a look if you want another reader. Send me a copy if you want.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
01-03-2012, 05:19 AM
I'm glad to have so much encouragement Smile I'd like to get 5 chapters finished before I start uploading them to any fanfiction sites so chapters may come out at varying speeds. At the moment I'm still fiddling with the details of chapter 1 but I essentially have the guts of it finished, chapter 2 has bits and pieces of it made and the rest are all spit-balling.

03-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I probably should have mentioned this to begin with, but the Fallout Wiki is probably good for a lot of the info you might be after, both ingame stuff and about the setting. The Divergence and Timeline pages in particular are probably either valuable or essential, depending on if you've played any of the earlier games or how much research you've done so far.