False Advertising

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 04:19 PM
False Advertising
If you rent or buy a movie.. And on the box it claims its a fantastic film, or 'Scariest Horror of 2015" and other bold claims.. But the films turns out to be dreadful, have you got any claims for a refund? Surely its false advertising? Is there any law against this?

If I bought any other product that didn't do what it said on the tin then I would have a case for a refund.

And I dont want to have a discussion about me being gullible and falling for hype on the cover of DVDs... I want to know my legal rights!!!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: False Advertising
Simple, you have none.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
17-05-2015, 04:59 PM
(17-05-2015 04:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Simple, you have none.

Not even a bit of sympathy thrown in?

Heartless bastard!
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
17-05-2015, 05:01 PM
It may be false advertising but you have no means to prove that someone calling X most scary film of 2015 lie. It's not like objective scale of scariness exists.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-05-2015, 05:02 PM
(17-05-2015 04:19 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  If you rent or buy a movie.. And on the box it claims its a fantastic film, or 'Scariest Horror of 2015" and other bold claims.. But the films turns out to be dreadful, have you got any claims for a refund? Surely its false advertising? Is there any law against this?

If I bought any other product that didn't do what it said on the tin then I would have a case for a refund.

And I dont want to have a discussion about me being gullible and falling for hype on the cover of DVDs... I want to know my legal rights!!!!

'Scary' and 'fantastic' mean different thing to different people.
Unfortunately hype abounds so it is caveat emptor.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
17-05-2015, 05:05 PM
I could watch a so called scary film with the missus. She could be scared shitless whist I find the film hilarious.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
17-05-2015, 05:41 PM
(17-05-2015 05:05 PM)Marozz Wrote:  I could watch a so called scary film with the missus. She could be scared shitless whist I find the film hilarious.

Could the same be said about some cleaning products? My wife's standard of clean is very different from mine lol.
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
17-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Opinions vary.
17-05-2015, 07:47 PM
You can't fight City Hall....

but...

You can sneak in under cover of darkness, and take a shit on the front steps....

extrapolate to the Hollywood machine....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-05-2015, 08:30 PM
(17-05-2015 04:59 PM)TheStraightener Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 04:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Simple, you have none.

Not even a bit of sympathy thrown in?

Heartless bastard!

Aw, poor baby. Did you see a movie-woovie you didn't wike? Aw, I'm sowwy.

You could sue, but you would lose.

Better?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post