False advertising about Ayn Rand

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: False advertising about Ayn Rand
(28-12-2014 11:34 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 11:20 AM)advancedatheist Wrote:  I want what Ayn Rand said she offered - a philosophy for living on earth. I would even like to have the near-superhuman powers of an Operating Objectivist, which she shows the heroes in her novels possessing.

I just don't think she pulled it off.

And I laugh at her cultists who claim that Rand revolutionized our understanding of philosophy! psychology! aesthetics! political science! history! the potentials of literature! economics! even human sexuality!

Fortunately this self-deception stops short of claiming that Rand, like many other cult leaders, revolutionized our understanding of diet, fitness and health. The people who knew Rand could see, and smell, that Rand chain smoked, seldom bathed, never exercised, tweaked on amphetamines, ate a bad diet and let her cats spray all over the apartments she lived in. She rejected the mind/body dichotomy, so your moral character allegedly manifests itself in your physical appearance. Objectivist Kool-Aid drinkers have some explaining to do here.

So I wonder when someone will come along with a better kind of mind who can present a philosophy which delivers what Ayn Rand promised but failed at developing.

And presumably you want her to look something like this?

[Image: denise-milani-mobile-wallpaper.jpg]
Love the hair, eyes and face. Lately boobs are overrated for me. I'd prefer her smaller, but with big hips, and a deep thinker with raw emotion and honesty. Thumbsup

Damn, was planning to make it to bed without jacking off. Laughat oh, Rand, meh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Are we all getting confused between objectivism and objectifying?

Big Grin

02-01-2015, 03:54 AM
(02-01-2015 02:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are we all getting confused between objectivism and objectifying?

Big Grin

There's a difference? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]