False ideas about evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2011, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 02:38 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
RE: False ideas about evolution
(28-08-2011 10:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The evolution fairytale site is frustrating but I don't think they are trolls. I think they legitimately believe it. I posted on there for a few weeks and I was banned for...well I don't know why I was banned other than making sense.

You also get banned for saying atheist shit on the Landover baptist forums. They are trolls, nothing more. And any atheist going to that site and arguing with them are idiots, nothing more.

Even if they aren't trolling (which they are) they need to prove and display their case.(which they haven't) And you and other atheist flock to that site and do something that drives me up the walls... Frantically try to defend evolution while they are over there with smirks on their faces and Noah's ark in their heads laughing at how stupid your idea sounds to them.

Although I do enjoy reading the site for humor, you all are making that difficult.

What I am saying is, if someone tells you storks are where babies come from, THEN FUCKING WALK AWAY.

This is a sticky on advantages and disadvantages of "debating" on an origins site.
Quote:Disadvantages

1. Time-consuming. Writing a good post can take time, especially when research is involved.

(the evolutionist person does not necessarily “love” that they waste your time, many are probably unaware of the demonic influence on them).
Dodgy Trolls.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2011, 02:47 PM
(28-08-2011 02:31 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(28-08-2011 10:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The evolution fairytale site is frustrating but I don't think they are trolls. I think they legitimately believe it. I posted on there for a few weeks and I was banned for...well I don't know why I was banned other than making sense.

You also get banned for saying atheist shit on the Landover baptist forums. They are trolls, nothing more. And any atheist going to that site and arguing with them are idiots, nothing more.

Even if they aren't trolling (which they are) they need to prove and display their case.(which they haven't) And you and other atheist flock to that site and do something that drives me up the walls... Frantically try to defend evolution while they are over there with smirks on their faces and Noah's ark in their heads laughing at how stupid your idea sounds to them.

Although I do enjoy reading the site for humor, you all are making that difficult.

What I am saying is, if someone tells you storks are where babies come from, THEN FUCKING WALK AWAY.

This is a sticky on advantages and disadvantages of "debating" on an origins site.
Quote:Disadvantages

1. Time-consuming. Writing a good post can take time, especially when research is involved.

(the evolutionist person does not necessarily “love” that they waste your time, many are probably unaware of the demonic influence on them).
Dodgy Trolls.

One of the individuals from that site (Spectre) came here to debate and is a big supporter of the Evolution Fairytale site. Those fools do believe what they post. By your token any theist coming to this site to debate is also an idiot. The point I tried to make was not one of argument but debate and reason. I suppose you are entitled to your opinion but I do not appreciate being called an idiot.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-08-2011, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 02:56 PM by NotSoVacuous.)
@TheBeardedDude

Trolls, coming to other sites and trolling? Well shit, get spectre in here, this proves that EvoFT is legit! I stand by my terse name calling, you are going to a site, and I say again, in front of people who think Noah's ark, talking snakes, and magic are real. And instead of forcing them to be the white pieces on the chess board, you willingly take first move.

Science has explained many things the best way they can, and superbly I will have to add. Theist have done squat. Stop jumping through hoops. It's been 2000 years, it's their turn to explain their side with their extraordinary evidence.

I can stand from the other side and pick at a million things that science can't explain and default back to a god. The site is trolling. If they are not, then they need to present evidence that is more than just "It is too complex" or "It's not of this realm"

28-08-2011, 02:53 PM
(28-08-2011 02:50 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  @TheBeardedDude

Trolls, coming to other sites and trolling? Well shit, get spectre in here, this proves that EvoFT is legit! I stand by my terse name calling, you are going to a site, and I say again, in front of people who think Noah's ark, talking snakes, and magic are real. And instead of forcing them to be the white pieces on the chess board, you willingly take first move.

Obviously you are of a superior intelligence and know instantly that these people must be trolls or the EXACT way to debate with someone. Glad you resort to insults so quickly without being prompted...like a troll.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:Obviously you are of a superior intelligence and know instantly that these people must be trolls or the EXACT way to debate with someone. Glad you resort to insults so quickly without being prompted...like a troll.

YOU are the reason people like these idiots think they have a leg to stand on. They give some crack pot shot at saying "oh you can't explain this". Then you attempt to explain it, well written or poorly, and they now think their previous argument was something acceptable. You are an idiot if you give arguments credibility that otherwise don't deserve it.

I see theist do it all the time. "You can't prove he doesn't" or "That cell is just too complex" and then you have the atheist scrambling about conjuring a well thought-out post and making the other theist contempt with their previous shitty argument. Demand more, because more than what they give is deserved if they are to explain everything.

28-08-2011, 03:07 PM
(28-08-2011 03:02 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
Quote:Obviously you are of a superior intelligence and know instantly that these people must be trolls or the EXACT way to debate with someone. Glad you resort to insults so quickly without being prompted...like a troll.

YOU are the reason people like these idiots think they have a leg to stand on. They give some crack pot shot at saying "oh you can't explain this". Then you attempt to explain it, well written or poorly, and they now think their previous argument was something acceptable. You are an idiot if you give arguments credibility that otherwise don't deserve it.

I see theist do it all the time. "You can't prove he doesn't" or "That cell is just too complex" and then you have the atheist scrambling about conjuring a well thought-out post and making the other theist contempt with their previous shitty argument. Demand more, because more than what they give is deserved if they are to explain everything.

So, you have instantly assumed that every post I have written was either poorly written or shitty? Not going to give me much credit at all are you? I understand there are always people who are going to thrust their fingers in their ears and refuse to listen to any evidence but poking holes in fallible ideas is sometimes a good way of opening a few ears that may lead to a change in their way of thinking. Please do not assume that I am some asshat that is incapable of defending myself and my position against an opposing opinion. I cannot pretend that there were no trolls at all on that site but the responses I received to my posts were legitimate attempts to respond and refute. If your experience was different I cannot speak to that. Please stop being an asshole and generalizing about me.

I must remind myself "Never argue with a fool, people might not be able to tell the difference."

—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-08-2011, 05:59 PM
(28-08-2011 03:07 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-08-2011 03:02 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  Then you attempt to explain it, well written or poorly, and they now think their previous argument was something acceptable.

So, you have instantly assumed that every post I have written was either poorly written or shitty?

I must remind myself "Never argue with a fool, people might not be able to tell the difference."

I am assuming?

28-08-2011, 07:00 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about with regard to your last post.

They say people who attack grammar don't have much of an argument.

In any case perhaps we can get back on the subject of this thread, examples of ideas/concepts being paraded about as fact or contradictions of evolution that are blatantly false. Regardless of the fact that they come from a site some would consider to be a troll site or from the mouths of idiots. These are the concepts that I want to learn more about. My reason for learning about them is to learn how to better address them if they are brought up by my students or family.

Personal favorites to get us back on track are the banana and the crocoduck (Kirk Cameron constructs). I am sure most have seen these but if not...here they are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuFHmwuuvk and the banana argument http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
These are obviously false to anyone who has studied anything about evolution, natural selection and artificial selection. Are they trolls? No. They believe that what they are saying is the truth. Learning their argument is essential to learning how to refute it.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
29-08-2011, 03:17 PM
(28-08-2011 07:00 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am not sure what you are talking about with regard to your last post.

They say people who attack grammar don't have much of an argument.

In any case perhaps we can get back on the subject of this thread, examples of ideas/concepts being paraded about as fact or contradictions of evolution that are blatantly false. Regardless of the fact that they come from a site some would consider to be a troll site or from the mouths of idiots. These are the concepts that I want to learn more about. My reason for learning about them is to learn how to better address them if they are brought up by my students or family.

Personal favorites to get us back on track are the banana and the crocoduck (Kirk Cameron constructs). I am sure most have seen these but if not...here they are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuFHmwuuvk and the banana argument http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4
These are obviously false to anyone who has studied anything about evolution, natural selection and artificial selection. Are they trolls? No. They believe that what they are saying is the truth. Learning their argument is essential to learning how to refute it.

The subject never left. You said I am assuming you wrote poorly. I never said that or implied it. I marked in bold what I said, and what you misinterpreted. So twice now you have assumed that I have been calling out your post as poorly written and now you assumed I was attacking your grammar. So yes, please, lets stay on topic.

You are giving their arguments that THEY poorly constructed grounds for being worthy of an argument. This makes them contempt and they think they made a point worthy of debate. When in fact they said something not worthy of anything and you dash to the rescue giving in validity by creating a debate that now said shitty argument is now in.

Not only does this spawn cheerleaders for the idiot, it makes it seem like a valid statement because they don't see things the way you posted them. They see a golden argument given by the creationist because it was giving a response by the atheist.

And yes, because now important popular atheist have gave insight to this "crockoduck" shit Kirk has created he now looks worthy to most creationist to battle with the big dogs. You would barely hear his name today if giants didn't respond to him. So now that this big names have brought him into the light, the creationist see it as something they should respect and use for future arguments and ways of thinking.

30-08-2011, 07:11 AM
So whenever someone presents a fallible argument we should (as scientists not atheists) allow them to believe whatever they want and not point out the flaws in it? This way we don't validate what they say? Somehow I don't think ignoring them will work. Scopes Monkey Trial, Dover Pennsylvania, the current bill in Tennessee that is on hold, etc, etc. They have been spreading their misinformation since Darwin first postulated evolution and they have not slowed down since and you think that ignoring them will end the debate?

Changing subject
My buddy sent me this link: http://www.creationscience.com/onlineboo...tion2.html
This section of this book attempts to explain how fossils and strata are the result of liquefaction. Liquefaction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquefaction) is a hazardous event that is often triggered by earthquakes and was one of the main reasons why the San Fransisco earth quake of 1906 was so devastating. It would destroy sedimentary layers, not form them. And how the hell would liquefaction sort footprints? I still don't understand how they try to make that work.

—Thomas Henry Huxley