False ideas about evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: False ideas about evolution
(09-11-2011 11:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That forum was pretty much the basis for this thread. I got banned from it....for...well...I'm not sure why I was banned other than presenting a reasonable, fact-based and fully cited argument.

You got banned because you failed to understand the relation between your morality and extant ethical standard.

They might have wised up since then, but the way I figure it; goes like this. A guy like you, at least scans the basic ruleset as a function of integrity. Then he registers and posts as a function of his morality -cause that's pretty much atheist order of operations.

Which is how a bunch of immoral fucks get away with leaving you burnt. Thing you also seem to have, that I keep in engineering where it belongs Tongue is tolerance. It is error being tolerant. That's inexcusable behavior. It is useful functionality with practice. I'm practicing it right now.

Here the line: (even my college Biology book refrains from using this as a global definition of evolution, but instead refers to this as micro-evolution[1])

Here's the verdict: That's morality, not ethical standard.

Here's the evidence: my.

Case closed. Will listen to appeal from atheist only. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey, Bearded Dude! That forum finally accepted this agent of evolution. They'll get theirs. Wink

26-11-2011, 10:44 PM
(09-11-2011 11:09 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  That forum was pretty much the basis for this thread. I got banned from it....for...well...I'm not sure why I was banned other than presenting a reasonable, fact-based and fully cited argument.
From my understanding, the head admin didn't like that we went to your forum and didn't approve of some of our member's behavior while posting here. So he saw it fit to tell us not to go back and to ban you guys to stop the forum confrontation. As for me, this forum is too interesting for me to stay away from it.

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
[+] 1 user Likes Spectre's post
27-11-2011, 06:35 AM
(26-11-2011 10:44 PM)Spectre Wrote:  
From my understanding, the head admin didn't like that we went to your forum and didn't approve of some of our member's behavior while posting here. So he saw it fit to tell us not to go back and to ban you guys to stop the forum confrontation. As for me, this forum is too interesting for me to stay away from it.
Not only is here more interesting than there; with this forum, one does not have to spend twenty minutes considering how to word one's opinion without offending a moderator. Wink

Here we got Stark who does the "sleeping dragon" bit like a pro. One has to go out of one's way to elicit post moderation here; one has to go so far out of one's way as to be halfway to Mordor to offend Stark. Big Grin

27-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Unfortunatley Spectre I believe I was banned before everyone from evolution is a fairytale came here as were others. Oh well. That is what happens when close-minded fools shut themselves in from the rest of the world.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2011, 08:52 PM
That place... Tongue

Five posts, and I gotta wait five minutes between posts now? Huh

Big Grin

Think I'll make it to 20?

29-11-2011, 08:26 AM
After reading this thread, I went to look at that other site (Evolution is a Fairytale). It seems that their basic tenet is that the Bible is true and everything has to be consistent with that belief.
I was going to register so I could post, but it doesn't seem to be worth the effort - everything I looked at was nonsense-based and the forum rules would get me banned for even hinting at that.

If I'm wrong and it makes sense to try, I will join houseofcantor at the pointy end of the spear.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-11-2011, 02:09 PM
I am interested to see how they respond to your posts HOC.

And Chas
I would tend to agree with the assessment that it is a waste of time except I found it to be quite enlightening while there. I could read all of the misconceptions that people hold about evolution. Responding was ultimately futile but learning what they did not know or what they thought they knew was interesting and useful in improving my own knowledge and understanding of evolution. Listening to lectures or reading a book is great, but you don't really know how well you understand something until you try to explain it to someone else.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-11-2011, 02:45 PM
More or less anything Kirk Cameron says. That guy can't science his way out of a wet paper bag.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
29-11-2011, 02:47 PM
(29-11-2011 02:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  More or less anything Kirk Cameron says. That guy can't science his way out of a wet paper bag.

He's bananas.

ヽ(´ー`)ノ
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post