False ideas about evolution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2011, 03:10 PM
RE: False ideas about evolution
(29-11-2011 02:09 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am interested to see how they respond to your posts HOC.

And Chas
I would tend to agree with the assessment that it is a waste of time except I found it to be quite enlightening while there. I could read all of the misconceptions that people hold about evolution. Responding was ultimately futile but learning what they did not know or what they thought they knew was interesting and useful in improving my own knowledge and understanding of evolution. Listening to lectures or reading a book is great, but you don't really know how well you understand something until you try to explain it to someone else.

Yes, I came to the same conclusion. There is value in knowing the oppostion. My problem is wading through it without just becoming disheartened by the illogic, misunderstanding, mistakes, and out and out lies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Wasn't somebody just questioning me about the value of faith?

I accept the theory of evolution - the correct atheistic pronouncement - but I have faith in evolution. This doesn't mean I'm making science into theological double talk, this means I have the Pure Number hypothesis, that can be said to reduce everything to a dance of geometry and entropy. Wink

So it is not a "waste of time" for me to socialize with these peeps because I have no agenda to validate evolution - it's frickin' rock-solid - my agenda is to ferret out the extent they have entangled their identities together with creationism. So that I can devise a counter-agent. Yeah, that's faith; not what you may think it is. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
(29-11-2011 02:09 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I am interested to see how they respond to your posts HOC.

Did they offend you? Scope this:

The Sun came first.

<Admin edit> The entirety of this post assumed an authority over the Scriptures that the poster of the opinion does not command. The post has therefore been removed. <Admin edit>

If someone wants to quote scripture as evidence for their opinion, that is one thing (although they will need to be factual in their assertions). But if someone is going to attempt to completely change scripture to fit their opinion, they are committing “misrepresentations”, being “disingenuous” and dishonest, AND wasting time.

Ain't that a riot? Not only do they not know science, evolution, nor their own book - they contend that a divinely entitled prophet such as myself has no authority over scripture - even as they spin it around the blaspheme-of-the-week whenever the whim wills. Big Grin

...what was that? Oh, YHWH just said he don't know them peeps. What's in store for those types, YHWH?

Beauty for all... That was Ron, after all; who is an academic and perhaps past the point of no return. And he did say it was a ministry. Wink
Yeah, that Ron guy... either he just don't give a fuck, or he's insane; but 14 is the last post. There ain't no point to being there, cannot quote scripture; it's Bible study without a Bible...

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Ron is something else. He is the ultimate "finger-in-ears" type of person who simply cannot fathom the possibility that he may be *gasp* wrong!!!!

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Found this video thanks to the TTA facebook page. It sums up some other arguments that are made by Ken Ham and the other answersingenesis crazies. Videos like these were they brainwash kids is disgusting.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
I mean, ewww.... Obviously Ham's the Devil, just look at the guy. Tongue

But that's how they do it, brainwash the young. Kids don't know what they're signing off on, they're just going where the attention is. Ham and his ilk should go in that bag of psychics, with the rocks and a one way trip to the bottom of the Marianas Trench.

03-01-2012, 12:35 PM
I found this pic that is a very good and easy-to-follow analogy for those that doubt "macroevolution" but accept "microevolution."

—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-01-2012, 01:22 PM
(03-01-2012 12:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I found this pic that is a very good and easy-to-follow analogy for those that doubt "macroevolution" but accept "microevolution."

This is great!
22-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I would ask why creationists are so accepting of the technology scientists and science have given them, but when it comes to the origins of life, creationists thinks science doesn't a clue about what it's talking about.
Even in the south, at the universities, there are departments of evolutionary biology. Creationists' denial of evolution is based on ignorance.
22-01-2012, 04:05 PM
(22-01-2012 03:58 PM)Jasrace Wrote:  I would ask why creationists are so accepting of the technology scientists and science have given them, but when it comes to the origins of life, creationists thinks science doesn't a clue about what it's talking about.
Even in the south, at the universities, there are departments of evolutionary biology. Creationists' denial of evolution is based on ignorance.

I believe that, by and large, people who deny evolution are the ones who don't understand it.

I think that once someone actually looks at the evidence and understands the mechanism, he/she almost has to be convinced. The hard part seems to be getting them to understand evolution.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post