False imprisonment, false belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 09:13 PM
False imprisonment, false belief
Today I caught a video of the woman who recently was released from prison after 17 years of incarceration for murder. Turns out she didn't do it. During her interview with Katie Couric, she thanked her god and said an angel was with her. She basically gave credit to her god for getting her out of prison.

Really? You just lost 17 years of your life, your kid grew up without you and had grandkids as you lost the best years of your life, and you thank a god for getting you released? Not the person who discovered the evidence that set you free?

Where was this god when you were being falsely accused? When you were being beaten by inmates in the yard? For that matter, where was this deity when that person was murdered and his one life was unceremoniously and violently ended?

And what of this angel? If angels take 17 years to get the right evidence in the right hands then they can suck it.

So pitiful.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like WillHopp's post
18-11-2014, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 09:47 PM by Smercury44.)
RE: False imprisonment, false belief
I have the same problem with Malala Yousafzai. Sure it's great that she stood up for her right to an education, but as soon as she's out of the hospital she thanks god, and also says the prayers got her through. It's that same religion that put you in the hospital Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
18-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I stopped putting any faith (pun intended) into these declarations of faith by victims/survivors, when I realized that the reporters were fishing for them. After that, I decided that I couldn't believe the quotes. Maybe they are genuine or maybe spoon-fed to them, and there's often no way to tell the difference.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
18-11-2014, 10:18 PM
(18-11-2014 10:01 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I stopped putting any faith (pun intended) into these declarations of faith by victims/survivors, when I realized that the reporters were fishing for them. After that, I decided that I couldn't believe the quotes. Maybe they are genuine or maybe spoon-fed to them, and there's often no way to tell the difference.

I believe this also. Usually, I guess I'm so programmed to accept it, I don't notice it, unless someone answers they are atheist.

Then I'm surprised. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2014, 04:57 AM
(18-11-2014 10:01 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I stopped putting any faith (pun intended) into these declarations of faith by victims/survivors, when I realized that the reporters were fishing for them. After that, I decided that I couldn't believe the quotes. Maybe they are genuine or maybe spoon-fed to them, and there's often no way to tell the difference.

Oh yeah, I remember some "reporter" claimed she was 'air dropped' in to say that, that she was an actor. I don't know how anyone can degrade someone like that after a tragedy.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post