False prophet Kim Clement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 10:09 AM
False prophet Kim Clement
I'm very sad to say that my mother has been sucked in by this so called prophet. She firmly believes that this man receives messages from god and makes prophetic declarations based on them.

I've only made brief searches into this man, but haven't found anything substantial to show her about him.

I'm curious if anyone has heard more about him, have any articles, or other info that will at least help plant the seed that this man is a con artist, and that she won't send any more money to him
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 10:18 AM
RE: False prophet Kim Clement
False prophet....is there any other kind?

Sorry to hear about your mom, I don't know anything about this guy.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
18-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Don't know much about him except what I could glean from a quick search.

He seems to be a Charismatic / Pentecostal, self described "prophet" with a folksy, new age-like "message". His followers seem pretty devout. He puts on big shows at those mega churches and I can only assume rakes it in for himself and the church as well. He's middle aged looking, sings, has a guitar, looks all groovy with longish, curly hair, pseudo-hippy-comfy looking. Crush material; the older Christee gal's Justin Bieber.

Here's the latest from some show he does. Evidently, he's been watched quite carefully by both skeptics and Christians... he's been 100% incorrect in any and all his "predictions". It would appear he needs a different dictionary; maybe one with a more detailed entry of the word prophecy. Dodgy

Help your Mum to know that you feel she may have been taken in by just another run-of-the-mill charlatan. Let her know you love her and are happy that she feels good and all... but also advise her you don't want her to do anything hasty, like mortgage her house for tithing. If he's just a crush - not a big deal, but if she's obsessed and giving him money... could be an issue. Her welfare is most important to you and if anything that should be her focus - discuss it with her.

Good luck. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
18-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Got to deconvert her in a subtle, peaceful way. Big Grin

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
18-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry to read that man, my sympathies really. No

I don't have experience with those kinds o' preacher-fleecers.
(just small time, easy to beat mall preachers, even there my experience is quite limited)

However, it seems to me that you should start watching this prophet, very closely. Learn his tricks and try to debunk them? ... And perhaps try to ensure that your mother doesn't end up sending too much fleece to this particular farmer? I mean if he's gods sole Rep in this world, it doesn't seem logical that he needs money with an all-powerful deity at his back...

Sorry if I'm not too helpful here.. Guess my luck of not being too exposed the that stuff backfired a little here....

For what it's worth; Good luck, whatever the result.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your responses, I may have to watch or listen to some of his speeches to be able to debunk him.
And from what I understand, thankfully it's a small amount of money, but still money is tight for my parents.

I wouldn't say she's obsessed, attracted, or anything like that , just thinks that he's the genuine article
She's a disenfranchised Catholic, but still has strong beliefs in christ and god
Funny that my brother and I are both atheists

I will say this for her though, when I told her I no longer believe this week. She told me she'd pray for me and hasn't treated me any differently.
I'm pretty grateful for that

I'll continue looking into him and slowing grinding away the spell of a "prophet" he has over her
Thanks again for helping me out
[+] 2 users Like Alph4Omega's post
22-08-2012, 01:42 AM
I "wish" you the best of luck in your endeavours to truth.

I still maintain that maybe you should try to limit how much fleece gets sent to the Sheppard, if you get my meaning?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.