Family Illness Jackpot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Family Illness Jackpot
(24-10-2013 01:27 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I think that's all the venting I'm capable of for a long time. I feel a bit sick, need to calm down.

Take a break. Spend as much time with your family members as possible, and help them through these situations.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2013, 03:30 AM
Update:

My uncle who got a stroke is slowly regaining the ablitity to speak, he mosty utters gibberish when trying to talk, but gets out a few simple words like "ok" sometimes. I feel sorry for him because he won't be around for chrismas as usual.

My grandmother's cancer is backing down and she's gonna be able to celebrate chrismas just fine like usual.

On the sadder corner, my grand-uncle, Ove, is dead. He died about a week ago. I wasn't really close to him, but this affects my granddad alot more. We'll see how this chrismas goes.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous
28-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Hereditary illness suck all kinds of bottom!
Sorry to hear you're a lever puller Sad

I've got a bit of the ol' Russian Roulette thing happening myself as I'm adopted and have no idea if I'm going to drop dead tomorrow from a nice brain aneurysm or maybe a side order of myocardial infarction Dodgy
12-05-2014, 08:41 AM
There was a box full of stuff that I know belongs to my dying grandmother, who has dementia. I found this in the box:
[Image: 29dfb99e75ae62a98cb6f1db68e02459.png]

It used to be in her bedroom when she still had her apartment, but I guess she took it with her to the retirement home. Seeing it here, at my home makes it obvious that it's probably this year that she's gonna get the final game over screen. Since 2008 when she was diagnosed I haven't really felt bad or depressed about this fact, not even cried. I'm afraid that changed today. I'm going to lay down listen to some DT now.

They came, they saw and acknowledged
Some good, some bad
Opinion: Dangerous