Family of 5 dead in fear of "impending apocalypse".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Family of 5 dead in fear of "impending apocalypse".
Faith strikes again. Just another example of how dangerous religion can be. A mother and father and three of their kids, 14, 12 and 11 were found dead in their Utah home back in September 2014. Now ME's have ruled the parents death suicide by poisoning and the kids death as homicide also by poisoning. Their reason? They were afraid of the "Evil in the world" and "impending doom" from an apocalypse. While there is no mention of religion, I think its safe to say they were religious and it fueled this tragedy. Though i'm sure most religious people would find a way to blame it on something else I think this is a good example how believing in old stories can be more harmful than good in modern society. Such a shame.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
27-01-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Family of 5 dead in fear of "impending apocalypse".
There are probably some preachers out there trying to justify this at this very moment.
Sad.
27-01-2015, 11:10 PM
(27-01-2015 11:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are probably some preachers out there trying to justify this at this very moment.
Sad.

Probably, I've already seen some try and say "The bible says suicide and murder is evil. " and "They did this on their own, religion had nothing to do with it."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2015, 11:14 PM
(27-01-2015 11:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 11:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  There are probably some preachers out there trying to justify this at this very moment.
Sad.

Probably, I've already seen some try and say "The bible says suicide and murder is evil. " and "They did this on their own, religion had nothing to do with it."

Religion of course, had everything to do with it. Where else would they learn about the apocalypse?
Assholes.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-01-2015, 11:46 PM
(27-01-2015 11:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 11:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Probably, I've already seen some try and say "The bible says suicide and murder is evil. " and "They did this on their own, religion had nothing to do with it."

Religion of course, had everything to do with it. Where else would they learn about the apocalypse?
Assholes.

Well to be fair, there are non religious "apocalypse scenarios" such as zombies and nuclear war but most likely yeah, its religion based.

[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
28-01-2015, 12:02 AM
A dash of schizophrenia and a dollop of that good old time religion. A recipe for self inflicted tragedy.
[+] 2 users Like Jack_Ripper's post
28-01-2015, 03:18 AM
Interesting. Where was this reported? Link?
28-01-2015, 03:42 AM
(28-01-2015 03:18 AM)xicanoist Wrote:  Interesting. Where was this reported? Link?

http://fox13now.com/2015/01/27/autopsies...ed-liquid/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27...mg00000021

http://news.yahoo.com/utah-family-found-...29331.html

28-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Am I the only one to be baffled that this doesn't happen more often?

A kinda Darwinian supernatural selection?

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
28-01-2015, 04:55 AM
(28-01-2015 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Am I the only one to be baffled that this doesn't happen more often?

A kinda Darwinian supernatural selection?

Dodgy

I was thinking the same thing especially since there's a "prediction" for an apocalypse like every year.