Family of 5 dead in fear of "impending apocalypse".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2015, 05:31 AM
RE: Family of 5 dead in fear of "impending apocalypse".
Is it just me, or is the apocalypse happening more often these days ? Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-01-2015, 05:46 AM
(28-01-2015 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Am I the only one to be baffled that this doesn't happen more often?

A kinda Darwinian supernatural selection?

Dodgy

You're probably right, but we loose a lot along the way to other means before "fear of apocoplypse" has a chance to do them in.

Science/Modern Medicine denialism, grilling indoors on cold days, snake handling, etc.

Think of the stupidest warning labels you have ever read and realize that the only reason they exist is because someone actually had to be told "not to hold the wrong end of a chainsaw" or that microwaves are "not intended for drying pets." Facepalm

(28-01-2015 05:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  .
Is it just me, or is the apocalypse happening more often these days ? Drinking Beverage

Well...maybe.

List of dates predicted for apocolyptic events Unsure

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
28-01-2015, 06:11 AM
(27-01-2015 11:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 11:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  Religion of course, had everything to do with it. Where else would they learn about the apocalypse?
Assholes.

Well to be fair, there are non religious "apocalypse scenarios" such as zombies and nuclear war but most likely yeah, its religion based.

Yeah, but us Zombie preppers are eagerly awaiting the day!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
28-01-2015, 06:38 AM
(28-01-2015 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Am I the only one to be baffled that this doesn't happen more often?

Dodgy

In my more optimistic moments I like to think that it is because most "believers" really do harbor doubts and don't really believe to the extent that they claim (even if they are in denial about that to themselves).

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-01-2015, 06:42 AM
The day the apocalypse starts is the last day I ever have to step foot in an office (an already rare occurrence). Bring on the chaos.

Now if someone came out and said "Global warming has been solved, the next ice age is 40,000 years away, and God is happy and has decided to leave us alone and there is, thus, no chance for an apocalyptic event," then I might find me some poison.

'Murican Canadian
28-01-2015, 06:45 AM
I don't know why people would kill themselves. Why not take a chance with the apocalypse? You might end up king. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
28-01-2015, 06:55 AM
[Image: Loophole_2ebf10_668699.png]

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 6 users Like microterf's post
28-01-2015, 01:19 PM
(28-01-2015 06:55 AM)microterf Wrote:  [Image: Loophole_2ebf10_668699.png]

Haha! There's ALWAYS a work-around to the rules. I liked the way the Catholics found an exception to the rules of purgatory through the purchase of indulgences

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-01-2015, 03:57 PM
(28-01-2015 05:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  .

[Image: gxv3z.jpg]

(28-01-2015 06:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 11:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well to be fair, there are non religious "apocalypse scenarios" such as zombies and nuclear war but most likely yeah, its religion based.

Yeah, but us Zombie preppers are eagerly awaiting the day!

You will be waiting a long time lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
28-01-2015, 04:19 PM
(28-01-2015 04:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Am I the only one to be disappointed that this doesn't happen more often?

Dodgy

*fixed

Quote:You will be waiting a long time lol

We'll see... Evil_monster

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post