Family of Trayvon Martin rejects belief in son’s death being ‘God’s plan’

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Family of Trayvon Martin rejects belief in son’s death being ‘God’s plan’
God knew they would defy him, so he had their son killed.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/19/family...gods-plan/

Don't fuck with god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Family of Trayvon Martin rejects belief in son’s death being ‘God’s plan’
Hey, Jeff.

I don't get... are you... what are you saying?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
22-07-2012, 12:36 PM
(22-07-2012 11:58 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Jeff.

Matt
He is fucking saying how bad god is if he exists. And he is pointing out all of the shit "God" supposedly does, if he existed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
22-07-2012, 12:50 PM
The fact that anyone can kill and attribute it to a god may as well be sociopathy/psychopathy.

"Yeah god told me to do it." oh so you heard a voice in your head telling you to kill someone, sounds legit. Doc, can we get a straight-jacket?
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
22-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Not surprising at all. I'd imagine any family doing the exact same and throwing such a morbid, heinous insinuation right back at his face.

Under God's unalterable, unquestionable plan, Zimmerman has reduced himself to that of a willing pawn on God's chessboard of destiny, and poor Trayvon just happened to be in his way.

Zimmerman's disgustingly weak choice of words is just another one of a long, sad line of examples of otherwise good people using God to justify bad things.
[+] 1 user Likes apostasin's post
22-07-2012, 07:54 PM
(22-07-2012 11:58 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Jeff.

Matt
I'm just connecting the dots.

If you believe in God, then you believe that God has a plan, and everything that happens, good and bad, is part of God's plan. Since Treyvon's parents apparently believe in God, but blasphemed by denying that Treyvon's death was part of God's plan, then God would have known this in advance and punished them by killing their son. Thank God!
22-07-2012, 10:47 PM
This whole case sickens me. The fact that Zimmerman is a Christian (or is hiding behind it as a convenience) is not surprising, and it may be one of the reasons that Republicans feel that they have to defend this man who killed an unarmed child (and blamed the victim in his own defense). He prays for them daily? That's like robbing somebody's bank account and telling them, "I think about your loss all the time and write in my journal about how I hope you make that money back".

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
23-07-2012, 04:33 AM
So you all (except Starcrash) realise that you're shitting on a family whose promising young son was shot to death for being black in a state with a long history of race murders and that the murderer, who was almost not charged with a crime despite admitting to it and who will likely get off due to a botched investigation that began with the police not even sealing off the crime scene, is trying to play it off like its nothing, just so that you can pat yourself on the back for how smart you are and how dumb they are right?

Westboro's got nothing on you.

Just shameful.
23-07-2012, 05:24 AM
(23-07-2012 04:33 AM)Ghost Wrote:  So you all (except Starcrash) realise that you're shitting on a family whose promising young son was shot to death for being black in a state with a long history of race murders and that the murderer, who was almost not charged with a crime despite admitting to it and who will likely get off due to a botched investigation that began with the police not even sealing off the crime scene, is trying to play it off like its nothing, just so that you can pat yourself on the back for how smart you are and how dumb they are right?

Westboro's got nothing on you.

Just shameful.
Are you playing the victim card on their behalf? Just because somebody has been through a tragedy doesn't mean we have to accept their every action as legitimate or correct.

However, I don't see them as wrong in this case. They claim that their son's death isn't part of God's plan, and I agree entirely, perhaps for different reasons -- although the article doesn't state that they are believers in God, either.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-07-2012, 07:53 AM
The original poster was pointing out that Zimmerman indicated that what happened that day was part of god's plan (read the linked article which
quotes zimmerman saying : “I feel that it was all God’s plan.”). If you believe that god controls everything and knows all, then sure this
statement aligns with that belief. The Martin's disagree that their son's death could be any part of god's plan. An interesting contradiction based upon your viewpoint which I presume was the OP's intent to point out. If god exists and cares/controls human events, then this was their plan.

I don't know shit about this case other than what's been spoon fed us in the media. However, I do find it amusing that some here are so convinced of the facts of the case. Is it possible this was murder (based on some racism), yes. Is it also possible it was self-defense, yes. Could it be some combination or something else altogther, yes. We have unreliable witnesses to add to the mix (IIRC some have changed their story for some reason). What I do know is that I do not know exactly what happened that night. I am also fairly certain posters here do not as well. There is no need to attack other posters. I also failed to notice where the Republican party was mentioned in the article.