Family.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Family.
My sister hasn't spoken to me in 8 years. It was over the death of my father and his will. (Long story) Anyway, one of the things I didn't want to do is pull my brothers into the fight. I told them that my sister was also their sister and please don't let our riff affect them. They live in Canada and my sister and I live in Oregon so they're not really affected by it anyway.

I have encouraged them to stay in contact with her. One brother has his own problems with her and the other brother is pretty tepid towards her. She's not the most likeable person. Even my parents were puzzled by her. My mother once got so fed up with her she called her the Wicked Witch of the West.

I think you're going to have to face the fact that the three of you aren't going to be all fuzzy and warm. Spend time with your brother and sister separately. Give it time, it may resolve itself.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-06-2016, 01:49 PM
My bro replied to my message saying he cant and will never ever forgive my sister and that he is sorry it is affecting me.

Thanks for all the words of advice though, appreciate it Heart

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
20-06-2016, 02:04 PM
(20-06-2016 01:49 PM)bemore Wrote:  My bro replied to my message saying he cant and will never ever forgive my sister and that he is sorry it is affecting me.

Thanks for all the words of advice though, appreciate it Heart

Well, just carry on a relationship with each separately and don't talk about the other one at all. They apparently hurt each other deeply and are now bone heads.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-06-2016, 02:06 PM
My aunt Rhonda often says - families are dangerous places.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-06-2016, 11:43 AM
Keep relations with both of them. Work on things you have in common with each of them. Your brother may have a change of heart in the future.

Does your sister have children? Does your brother have other children? If so, do they ever see their uncle/aunt?