• 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Fantastic Claims by Religious Folks
"When Abbey, the beloved 14-year-old
dog of the Scrivener family died, one little girl's grief was eased in
the most touching of fashions.

Tellingher parents that she wanted to write a letter to God, four-year-old
Meredith dictated a note to her mother and together they traveled down
to their post office in Brook Hollow, Texas to post it.

Twoweeks later to their amazement, the family returned home to find a
package wrapped in gold on their front porch addressed to 'Mer' and
signed 'God, and one of his special angels.' "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-back.html

I saw this on my Facebook feed a few days ago. I read it and also read some comments that people posted about it. Personally, I think this is wrong. I 'm all about comforting my child if someone they loved or a family pet passes away. But doesn't it seem a little deceitful to make a little girl believe she got a note from the one and only amazing God? Doesn't that seem inappropriate to make a child believe she was that special? She is going to grow up for the next few years actually BELIEVING that God sent her a letter. What are they going to do when she questions it? Lie again?

ChristianMingle.com
"Find God's Match for you."

Isn't this a spectacular claim? They are saying that God put these matches there for each and every individual. Are they lying to prospective clients? (They are if they claim that God directed them to match individuals up.)

PARENTS THAT DON'T SEEK MEDICAL TREATMENT FOR THEIR CHILD DUE TO RELIGIOUS BELIEFS

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/baby-alayna-wyland-blind-religious-parents-refused-medical/story?id=13687650

I almost don't even know what to say about this. I believe in the right to for parents to raise their child however they wish so long as it doesn't CAUSE HARM TO THE CHILD. I just happened to type in "Parents refuse medical help for child due to religious beliefs." This was the first story that popped up. Where is the proof that prayer actually helps people? I've never seen a document stating that prayer legitimately healed a major illness.

Feel free to add more claims you've seen. I would like to hear about them.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply