Fantastic news! Especially for Chas!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2013, 11:29 PM
RE: Fantastic news! Especially for Chas!
(19-02-2013 11:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, I've never seen the Matrix movies (tho that might soon change...older kid rented the first one from netflix).
The first Matrix movie is the only one worth watching. Gets really bad after that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
20-02-2013, 12:24 AM
(19-02-2013 11:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 11:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh, I've never seen the Matrix movies (tho that might soon change...older kid rented the first one from netflix).
The first Matrix movie is the only one worth watching. Gets really bad after that.

Figured starting at the beginning was a good idea.

When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way
It's hard to make believe you're happy when you're gray
Baby, when you're feelin' like you'll never see the mornin' light
Come to me..Baby, you'll see -- The Four Seasons

20-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Yes, yes, Matrix is worth to watch, but only first part. HP is pretty fun movie(s), and LOTR, well you have to see that, no matter what some people here will say. The movies itself are excellent and you will love seeing them.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-02-2013, 08:41 AM
(19-02-2013 11:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can very proudly say....never saw any of them! Or any Harry potter movies. Or twilight...

Hmm
LoTR is good stuff, don't say it in the same sentence with HP and that other trash...

No, it's not. LotR and HP movies are all crappy adaptations.
The stories got sacrificed to the special effects and the laziness and lack of integrity of the directors.

But, yeah, the Twilight stuff is trash.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-02-2013, 08:47 AM
(20-02-2013 05:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yes, yes, Matrix is worth to watch, but only first part. HP is pretty fun movie(s), and LOTR, well you have to see that, no matter what some people here will say. The movies itself are excellent and you will love seeing them.

The HP, LotR, and Hobbit movies suck. They are sell-outs to philistine forces and lack artistic honesty and merit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-02-2013, 11:26 AM
(19-02-2013 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Can very proudly say....never saw any of them! Or any Harry potter movies. Or twilight...

Hmm
I've only seen the last two Harry Potter movies. And even though I didn't understand half of what was going on or why; I actually rather like them.

Then one night I got way more drunk than I should have, and when I woke up the next morning, I found the first Twilight movie in my iTunes library. It had been watched. Blink I still have no recollection of how this came to be. Blush

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
20-02-2013, 11:28 AM
(19-02-2013 11:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
I've officially determined that I'm the only person in the world who likes the last two Matrix movies. Undecided I like the epic expanse of the story.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
20-02-2013, 02:03 PM
(20-02-2013 08:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-02-2013 11:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  LoTR is good stuff, don't say it in the same sentence with HP and that other trash...

No, it's not. LotR and HP movies are all crappy adaptations.
The stories got sacrificed to the special effects and the laziness and lack of integrity of the directors.

But, yeah, the Twilight stuff is trash.

HP's always been crappy even in book form - I had hopes that she'd save herself with a tour de force in the 7th book after killing McDumbledore, but she turned HP into a cheap copy of JC which was extremely vomit-worthy. But the movies of LoTR are *not* bad, Mr Grumpy. They're an incredibly well executed attempt at something which is pretty much unfilmable. *Any* movie adaptation was gonna get shredded by the critics and when I first watched the second one, I was outraged too. But then... it grows on you. There's crappy bits - like Aragorn getting randomly taken out by a wolf rider and arbitrarily being late for Helm's Deep, and indoor horse charges and shit like that, and the Ents were kinda sucky - much less noble than they are in the book. Oh yeah... there was lots to hate. But there was excellence as well. Things like the Riders of Rohan, the battle scenes... I'll never forget the great king's statues in the first movie (I forget their significance)...
20-02-2013, 02:11 PM
(20-02-2013 02:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  HP's always been crappy even in book form
[Image: h426A86C4]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
20-02-2013, 02:21 PM
(20-02-2013 02:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(20-02-2013 02:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  HP's always been crappy even in book form
[Image: h426A86C4]

Laughat Your job has lowered your literary standards - as long as there's no frantic fumbling going on, you'd think you're reading Shakespeare Tongue (Although he wasn't averse to a bit of fumbling in his plays Tongue )