Fantasy request. :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2015, 10:42 AM
RE: Fantasy request. :)
(14-12-2015 12:40 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am looking for some very well written fantasy genre stories to read. It can be short or long form. If you have a favourite, or a top 3 if it's your favourite type of story to read, can you please share it? Something you got lost in or made you have the feels. Thanks. Heart

There are lots of types of fantasy but my fav is Sci-Fi Fantasy. Here are my top three go-to's. These are older writers but still I can immerse myself in their storytelling so easily.

Alan Dean Foster (oldie but goodie): MidWorld series (Pip & Flinx ones are great), Glory Lane (read about 20 times), really almost anything he does is awesome.

Robert Asprin: Myth Series or Phule's Series

Spider Robinson: Callahan's Series

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
14-12-2015, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2015 04:51 PM by Clockwork.)
Fantasy request. :)
One of the first I read was the Swords trilogy by Michael Moorcock. It's part of the Eternal Champion series. It's not a happy type. The main character gets a hand cut off and an eye cut out early in it.

If you want something light, the MythAdventures (Asprin) series was good. I only read a few.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
14-12-2015, 10:49 AM
I love the seven waters series by juliet marillier. There's romance in them though, so of you don't like that sort of thing might not enjoy.

It's Celtic historical fantasy.

Plus there is this fantasy called Lord of the rings......it's pretty good Wink
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
14-12-2015, 10:52 AM
(14-12-2015 12:40 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I am looking for some very well written fantasy genre stories to read. It can be short or long form. If you have a favourite, or a top 3 if it's your favourite type of story to read, can you please share it? Something you got lost in or made you have the feels. Thanks. Heart

Go to Barnes and Noble website and type in Freedownloads. They have over a million freebies, and a huge percentage is fantasy using the new expanded definition of fantasy which includes werewolves, zombies, witches and all those thingses. My favorite new genre is "After the end of the world as we knew it" stories. I have downloaded dozens of them. Most of them postulate that something, a disease or whatever killed off 90 per cent of people and many of the dead walk around (as in Zombies) eating on the living.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
14-12-2015, 10:54 AM
Damn. This wasn't the kind of fantasy request I wanted to get from LJ. Weeping

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-12-2015, 11:05 AM
(14-12-2015 10:54 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Damn. This wasn't the kind of fantasy request I wanted to get from LJ. Weeping

You can always write your own book, I dunno about publishing though.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
14-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Lord of the Rings
McCaffery's Dragon Riders and Harper Hall series
LeGuin's Earthsea series
Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
McKillip's Riddle Master series
Stewart's Arthurian saga

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
14-12-2015, 12:58 PM
(14-12-2015 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 04:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is it safe to assume that you've read the first and best ... Lord of the Rings

Also superb ... A Song of Ice and Fire

LoTR is such a painfully slow burn. The first 10 minutes of the movie covers or skips the first half of the book, and it's far better off for it.

Shun the non believer......shuuuuuuun!
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
14-12-2015, 01:35 PM
The black magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan.
14-12-2015, 03:07 PM
(14-12-2015 04:29 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-12-2015 04:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Is it safe to assume that you've read the first and best ... Lord of the Rings

Also superb ... A Song of Ice and Fire

LoTR is such a painfully slow burn. The first 10 minutes of the movie covers or skips the first half of the book, and it's far better off for it.

Hissssssssssssss

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post