FarCry 5

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 01:14 AM
Amazing political game
Hi,

The international (France based) software developer Ubisoft has a new shooter game coming out, in which the target for the player is to hunt down and kill American Christian Republicans!

The controversy is already around the web, unsurprisingly. An amusing feature of the game is the ability to call out characters as racist and ‘hurt their feelings’ as part of gameplay. I kid you not.

http://uproxx.com/gaming/far-cry-5-white...ntroversy/

http://www.gq.com/story/far-cry-5-video-...ontroversy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZzobujt344

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
31-05-2017, 02:30 AM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 02:41 AM by Dworkin.)
RE: FarCry 5
Hi,

Just saying thanks to mods for transferring my post. So excited about the game/ politics fusion that I didn't check this section. Thumbsup

D.

PS - A couple of Far Cry doubters on the thread? I love the franchise, storylines and especially the smooth action of gameplay. Weapons and vehicles handle nicely, take downs are sweet, and the sandbox is large. Maybe some of the metaphysical sections are a bit woo, but you can go off on your own and do loads of stuff. No 'corridor' feeling outside the narrative sections.

Halo was my first love, but there was a problem with perspective in outdoor battle scenes. This doesn't happen in FC, with enemies realistic at distance, middle ground and close up.This was the first game in which I suspended disbelief (aided by bourbon) and where I fell for Citra. Heart
31-05-2017, 03:01 AM
(31-05-2017 02:30 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  ...
Just saying thanks to mods

"We are here to serve."

Cool

31-05-2017, 05:41 AM
A Far Cry game set in Montana, perhaps Greg Gianforte is the final boss

Oh no. He's here - God
31-05-2017, 02:25 PM
(30-05-2017 04:49 PM)cactus Wrote:  And here's Sargon, making the claim that the petition is fake.
Oh wow, fascinating, I'll watch the video and see what empirical evidence he provides for that claim Popcorn

I'd invoke Poe's law. The choice of words in the petition doesn't really line up with the usual vocabulary of right-wing christians and seems more like how HuffPost and Jezebel writers speak. While I wouldn't go as far as to chalk it up to a deliberate set-up against left-wing journalists, it could easily be a parody or a method by the publisher to create controversy, and thus notoriety. After all, Hot Coffee sells Wink

Anyway, as long as they have a reasonable DLC plan *coughWatchDogscough*, cut back on the supernatural elements, and leave adequate time for bug-testing, I'm in.

The end of the world only hurts those who have something to lose.
31-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Shangri-La was definitely the weakest part of Far Cry 4 for me. I wouldn't mind if they cut that sort of stuff out entirely.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
01-06-2017, 04:09 AM
(31-05-2017 05:07 PM)cactus Wrote:  Shangri-La was definitely the weakest part of Far Cry 4 for me. I wouldn't mind if they cut that sort of stuff out entirely.

cactus,

Totally agreed. It was a pain. Maybe in '5' we will get the second coming or even the end of days? Many possibilities. Evil_monster

D.

PS - The 'woo' stuff in '3' was more connected to the story and shorter. Didn't mind that.