Fashion advice for my GF

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Fashion advice for my GF
If you are trying to change her and she doesn't want that then it's pretty much going to cause a rift and wreck your relationship. First hand experience....

Even if she has low self esteem or is unhappy with how things are, she is the one who has to make the decision.

If you are unhappy with the way things are and don't want to accept that (assuming she doesn't want to change this) then you might be saving yourself long term greif by ending it now rather than continually wearing each other down and bringing each other misery over this.

I don't know how big an issue this is for you but it's starting to sound serious considering you brought it up here.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2013, 02:06 AM
You all do realize that:
- she will either go for it, or wont
- if she ends up liking a new style... Its a win win
- if she ends up not liking the clothes... you don't buy em', and move on to something else.
- if shes too stubborn or easily insulted by the suggestion, maybe shes not wife material.

"offence"... its really just a whine
16-07-2013, 02:26 AM
At the risk of offending all the females here. If she is fun to be around and fun to have sex with who gives a shit about what she wears. Absent of course wearing jeans to a formal party, that can be annoying.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
16-07-2013, 03:56 AM
You give her your credit card, she spends less than fifty bucks, and you're complaining? Dodgy

In other news... nope. Yer fucked.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-07-2013, 04:56 AM
You're right, Cantor, it could be worse.

On the bright side, I've had a talk with her and we're going shopping this weekend. I'm going to try to let her choose some stuff for me and then try a positive approach and show her some stuff I like for her. I'll see where it gets me. Thx WeAreTheCosmos. Hope it works...

I'll probably delete this post later on today.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
16-07-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 08:05 AM by kingschosen.)
You can not delete the post, and if you edit your old posts and delete the content, you might find yourself banned, or punished in some other sense and I don't mean spanking.

It is FORBIDDEN to drastically change/delete posts. This is a public forum, everything you said was said on a public forum and it is here to stay, sorry about that. If you want to keep your posts secret, I suggest you do not use public, but private forums.

If I remember correctly, your editing option are turned off after some time passes from the time you post your post. Not sure how much time, though.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-07-2013, 05:40 AM
Since you have talked her into going shopping here is what to do. First, if your girl is overweight most of the stores at the mall don't carry her size. Going in them looking for her size will really hurt. Imagine going to six stores and theres nothing to fit you. Go to the high end dept stores. Explain to salesperson what is going on. Then let her and your GF shop for things to try on. You find a chair and wait for the show. Every woman has parts they like, parts they would rather hide and some styles just make us uncomfortable.

Anything that she comes out in with a smile on HER face is a keeper. Whatever it is it will be an improvement. You will not be able to totally change it all in one trip. Baby steps.

I've got a lot of other comments about changing who she is but will bite my tongue for now.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
16-07-2013, 05:58 AM
(16-07-2013 05:40 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I've got a lot of other comments about changing who she is but will bite my tongue for now.

Yes, one thing l intended to make clear, trying to change something about someone is a bad idea... even thinking that way is a bad idea.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
16-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Are you aware that controlling what your partner wears is a warning sign for an abusive relationship[1]?

[1] http://www.dosomething.org/tipsandtools/...now-abuser

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
16-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Changing her clothing style is a pretty personal thing...not really one to be dictated by someone else. However, maybe you could talk her into a nicer look for special occasions with you. Compliments and appreciative looks from others will make her more comfortable in those clothes.

Change isn't always easy and you probably aren't going to be able to get her to make a drastic change all at once. When I go from my usual jeans wardrobe to something dressy for a special occasion I always kind of feel like I am in costume...it's not really me and I am not totally comfortable...but the more I do it the more it doesn't seem so foreign.

If her choice of clothing is your one gripe, I think you have a pretty good thing going.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy