Fast Food - isn't. Either.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-11-2016, 10:19 AM
RE: Fast Food - isn't. Either.
(23-11-2016 08:49 PM)cactus Wrote:  Most fast food places don't know how to make fries properly. What is this spindly pencil shit they call a "french fry"? Something tells me the people in France have better taste than that.

They cook quicker. In oil that came over on the Mayflower.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
24-11-2016, 10:31 AM
About once a year I'll eat a Carl's Jr hamburger which are reeeeeally good but I seldom eat at a fast food joint. I refuse to eat at Jack in the Box. I find that ping-pong headed mascot grotesque and repulsive. We have a local fast food chain called Burgerville that has a spicy bean burgers that's pretty good but most fast food is just food that's fast and nothing special.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
24-11-2016, 10:38 AM
(24-11-2016 10:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I refuse to eat at Jack in the Box. I find that ping-pong headed mascot grotesque and repulsive.

Not as creepy as this one:

[Image: latest?cb=20080106070235]

(Waiting for someone to remember...)
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Why do Americans call 'em French fries when they were "invented" in Belgium? Because GIs in WWII Europe thought the French-speaking Belgians who supplied the spuds were actually French nationals? Duh. They could've just as well called 'em "Dutch fries" LOL.

I always—well, a couple of times a year at best—ask for a large fucking "chips" at McFuckingDonald's just to confuse their adolescent counter-jockeys. They always ask "ya want fries with that?" and I always say, what? Just gimme the large fucking chips.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-11-2016, 02:04 PM
(24-11-2016 10:38 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 10:31 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I refuse to eat at Jack in the Box. I find that ping-pong headed mascot grotesque and repulsive.

Not as creepy as this one:

Well, there's a Big Boy ripoff.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
24-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Downunder, they're still fucken chips!

Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-11-2016, 03:24 PM
(24-11-2016 02:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 10:38 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Not as creepy as this one:

Well, there's a Big Boy ripoff.
A Big Boy ripoff that only existed on film.
24-11-2016, 09:55 PM
(24-11-2016 03:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-11-2016 02:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Well, there's a Big Boy ripoff.
A Big Boy ripoff that only existed on film.

In the western US it's Bob's Big Boy, but in points further east, it's Frosch's Big Boy, and that statue (?) had blond hair instead of brown. But that pic, I don't recognize.
24-11-2016, 10:37 PM
I worked at an Arby's for 5 years while I was in college.

Translating a drive-thru order through a combination of poor audio quality, static, and people often being too dumb or lazy to use it properly (like not rolling their windows down all the way) is a fucking art form in and of itself.

Deep frying the Apple Turnovers and eating them with a touch of vanilla milkshake (a la mode) is the best way to consume them.

Their Italian Sub is the reason that I love ciabatta bread and banana peppers.

The difference between their roast beef sandwiches is entirely down to the amount of meat on them. Regular is 3 oz, Medium is 5 oz, and the Large (formerly the Big Montana) is 7 oz. A Junior is 1.5 oz. The Beef & Cheddar is also 3 oz.

The roast beef is delivered frozen, 4 bags in a box. They're thawed out over the course of a few days. Each roast is self contained, and is cooked in the bag it arrives in. Once thawed, it is an amorphous mass of cow meat with a consistence slightly more rigid than toothpaste; it keeps it's shape but is soft to the touch. They're cooked in convection ovens, then taken from the cooking oven and cut open. Then they're wrapped in industrial plastic wrap, and placed in a holding oven until it's needed and placed on the slicer.

The slicer is a mean piece of machinery that can and will ruin your day if you stop respecting it. I worked there for 5 years, never once cut myself on the damn thing, and I worked closing shifts and had to disassemble the thing frequently.

In 5 years, I only ever purposely fucked with a person's order once. ProTip: Don't order $40 worth of food from across the entire menu 5 minutes before closing. I'm going to have to pull out everything I've put away for the night after a 12 hour lunch-diner shift, and I will lick the knife before I use it to cut your subs and sandwiches. Also, my manager thought it was funny.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post