Faster Than Light and Anno 2070

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Faster Than Light and Anno 2070
Steam was having a sale on these two games and I was bored so I bought them.

Faster Than Light came to my attention because Day9 (SC2 commentator) was playing it on his channel, and it looked fun and was only 5 bucks at the time. It was made by an indie developer (if you can classify two dudes as a "development team") and funded through kickstarter. It's got the graphics of an early 90's PC game and is rather basic, but it's still really fun. You can beat it in about an hour and I've logged 12 hours playing so far. There are lots of ships and weapons and scenarios to play around with. The biggest re-playability factor is that each new game is randomly generated - the planets, the encounters, the weapon finds.

Seriously, check out some of Day9's series to see some gameplay.

Next on sale at Steam was Anno 2070 for 20 bucks. It looked like a complex version of Sim City type games, which I enjoy, and Gamespot gave it an 8.5 so I went for it. I'm not too far into it, but it's pretty fun. The only real complaint I have is that there is SO many things you can do, but there's basically no tutorial. You're just kinda supposed to know how to do the most micro of things - I have to upgrade to tech engineers to research a part to put in a building add-on without affecting eco status or using too big a field of influence... well that's great but how do I do ANY of that? A couple of youtube tutorials later, I'm starting to get the hang of it and enjoy it.

Another cool thing is that everyone playing the game is kind of connected. You and everyone else around the world do daily quests and vote for different leaders to access different bonuses.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2013, 11:10 AM
RE: Faster Than Light and Anno 2070
Wonderful choice in games I love ftl and anno they really make you think! Plus the soundtracks are awesome Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply