Father Frank Pavone Uses Aborted Fetus as Political Prop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: Father Frank Pavone Uses Aborted Fetus as Political Prop
Good for you, Shai. I applaud your fight against this prick.

Whatever one may feel about the issue, that guy was incredibly over the line.

It's particularly so, not only for reasons of decency (with regard to the fetus), but because he deliberately misrepresented an exception as the rule. How that particular fetus came to be aborted-- it is not a "normal" abortion, not only for its rarity but because it can only happen in extreme cases of risk to the life or health of the mother, and only with signatures of multiple independent doctors-- does not in any way represent the common form of abortion against which he is preaching.

In other words, he broke the Ninth Commandment. Deliberately.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I just saw a link to the story on the front page of Yahoo. CNN is occupied with the election, but hopefully they'll pick it up.

The Washington Post:

story

This may have been mentioned, but: The article says that "the fetus was entrusted to him by a pathologist for burial."

Wonder if the pathologist knows what the fetus is being used for?
If the fetus was "entrusted" to him for burial, and he's tossing it about an altar, doesn't that mean he's violating a trust?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-11-2016, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016 11:04 AM by Full Circle.)
The IRS should immediately investigate and hopefully revoke the 501©(3) status for the Diocese of Amarillo in Texas, which is Pavone’s diocese.

"Political Campaign Activity
Under the Internal Revenue Code, all IRC Section 501©(3) organizations, including churches and religious organizations, are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made by or on behalf of the organization in favor of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violation of this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of excise tax.”

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
08-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Saw this last night, basically went off the rails in a cursing fit being angry, sent it to the podcasters I know and had to take the dog out for a walk until I was shivering too much to swear anymore.

I didn't think these people could get any lower, but they always manage to.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Albert Camus
[+] 2 users Like thesummerqueen's post
08-11-2016, 09:02 AM
I dont know how people can be deranged enough to believe that their morals tell them its ok to do that stuff? If I believed in Satan Id say that there were definitely some influences.
08-11-2016, 10:42 AM
When I lived in California the city I lived in and most around them outlawed fireworks years before the drought. The reason given was that people are generally stupid and injure themselves, others and often property.

A few rotten apples spoiled the barrel.

While some churches might follow the IRS rules many don't, so I truly believe those pervasive rotten apples have spoiled the barrel and it's time for all churches to lose their tax exempt status.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-11-2016, 11:05 AM
(08-11-2016 10:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When I lived in California the city I lived in and most around them outlawed fireworks years before the drought. The reason given was that people are generally stupid and injure themselves, others and often property.

A few rotten apples spoiled the barrel.

While some churches might follow the IRS rules many don't, so I truly believe those pervasive rotten apples have spoiled the barrel and it's time for all churches to lose their tax exempt status.

Let's not. Then they'll ve able to lobby Congress directly.

Instead, let's just treat the ones that break the IRS rules like the offices of your typical pyramid scheme. SWAT raids, file confenscation, arrests, public humiliation.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Where's the IRS when you really need it?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-11-2016, 02:18 PM
Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest? Consider

He has actually broken the (civil) law, so why has he not been charged?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-11-2016, 02:36 PM
More info at DailyMail UK:

Daily Mail

Quote:When challenged as to how the baby's body ended up in his possession, Pavone said the organisation would sometimes receive aborted fetuses from people sympathetic to their cause.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post