Father Frank Pavone Uses Aborted Fetus as Political Prop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 03:05 PM
RE: Father Frank Pavone Uses Aborted Fetus as Political Prop
(08-11-2016 02:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest? Consider

He has actually broken the (civil) law, so why has he not been charged?

I'm astonished that charges haven't been brought, myself. Crazy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Kudos to Chas for the Gangs of New York reference! Thumbsup

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-11-2016, 06:55 PM
So yeah...the Diocese hasn't sent me as much as a "Thank you for your concern", but did get a reply from Friendly Atheist's tip email saying thanks and that they were working on the story already.

Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:Additional information here:
Miami Herald
Thanks for the link! And sadly it doesn't shock me either. I've been very fortunate for the most part with my dioceses since converting. Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston doesn't have many scandals, and my current Archdiocese actually was HUGE in sex scandals, but they sent in a new Bishop who cleaned house shortly before I moved here. My diocese in grad school wasn't scandal prone, but the Bishop wasn't the most beloved person by anyone, bit of a prick to the laity...(or so I'm told; he treated me well enough when we met, but that's easily politician face at work).

And at that DailyMail quote... Facepalm

RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:Good for you, Shai. I applaud your fight against this prick.

Whatever one may feel about the issue, that guy was incredibly over the line.

It's particularly so, not only for reasons of decency (with regard to the fetus), but because he deliberately misrepresented an exception as the rule. How that particular fetus came to be aborted-- it is not a "normal" abortion, not only for its rarity but because it can only happen in extreme cases of risk to the life or health of the mother, and only with signatures of multiple independent doctors-- does not in any way represent the common form of abortion against which he is preaching.

In other words, he broke the Ninth Commandment. Deliberately.
Thanks...and completely agree on all counts there. Took a great deal of self control when writing the diocese to not use the words, "that fucking bastard in a collar". But managed. Definitely pointed out the 501c3 status, as FC did.

Chas Wrote:Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest? Consider

He has actually broken the (civil) law, so why has he not been charged?
A great movie quote, and one could hope someone would go after him legally...

Read everyone's, glad to see it's not just me overreacting at how fucking evil this seems to be.

Also checked Friendly Atheist, it has two really good pieces on this now, quoting, I believe, both a link I posted and one Fatbaldhobbit posted, among others:

Catholic Priest: Here's an actual dead fetus, now go vote Trump

"Pro-Life" priest who put aborted fetus on altar is kinda sorta sorry about that

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Saw this on Patheos:

Patheos - Diocese of Amarillo Opens Investigation

Quote:Statement from Bishop Patrick J. Zurek

November 8, 2016

• Priests for Life, Inc., is not a Catholic institution, but a civil organization, and it is not under the control or supervision of the Diocese of Amarillo.

• Father Frank Pavone has posted a video on his Facebook page of the body of an aborted fetus, which is against the dignity of human life and is a desecration of the altar. We believe that no one who is pro-life can exploit a human body for any reason, especially the body of a fetus.

• The Diocese of Amarillo deeply regrets the offense and outrage caused by the video for the faithful and the community at large. The action and presentation of Father Pavone in this video is not consistent with the beliefs of the Catholic Church.

• The Diocese of Amarillo is opening an investigation about all these matters.

I question their denial, that PFL is a civil organization and not under their control.

This is a technicality, at best. Pavone IS under their control, and if the video was shot in a catholic church, then that too is under their control.

A note on that: I've not seen any info on where the video was filmed. Did I miss it or has it not been confirmed?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
09-11-2016, 07:42 AM
You beat me to posting the statement. And I've not seen anything about where this is filmed, but concur that this statement smells mostly like a Bishop trying to cover his tax exempt status and little more...

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Patheos article

Quote:Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life celebrated Trump’s victory today, gave himself a pat on the back, reduced ‘pro-life’ to supporting anti-legal-abortion (in some cases) politicians – a reduction inconsistent with papal encyclicals and the teachings of the U.S. Catholic Bishops – , and rebuked those who have been critical of his actions – including his Bishop – after offending human dignity in exploiting the bodily remains of a child on an altar in an attempt to push voters towards embracing Trump for yesterday’s presidential election. Additionally, Father Pavone told CNS that he isn’t concerned about the repercussions coming out of the Diocese of Amarillo and that the bishops have never supported his work.

So this fucknut, corpse abusing asshole is taking credit for Trump winning the election. And essentially flipping off his bosses as well.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
11-11-2016, 03:08 PM
(10-11-2016 09:38 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Patheos article

Quote:Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life celebrated Trump’s victory today, gave himself a pat on the back, reduced ‘pro-life’ to supporting anti-legal-abortion (in some cases) politicians – a reduction inconsistent with papal encyclicals and the teachings of the U.S. Catholic Bishops – , and rebuked those who have been critical of his actions – including his Bishop – after offending human dignity in exploiting the bodily remains of a child on an altar in an attempt to push voters towards embracing Trump for yesterday’s presidential election. Additionally, Father Pavone told CNS that he isn’t concerned about the repercussions coming out of the Diocese of Amarillo and that the bishops have never supported his work.

So this fucknut, corpse abusing asshole is taking credit for Trump winning the election. And essentially flipping off his bosses as well.

Depending on his Bishop's temperment, that might be what gets him...one can only dream, I suppose. But still. Jim Bakker is also praising God for the Election as well, saying it's "the greatest miracle I've ever seen"...bear in mind he claims to have witnessed miracle healings.

12-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Steel Magnificat asks: Has Father Pavone kept human mummified remains for over a decade? in order to use fetuses as props repeatedly.

12-11-2016, 07:01 PM
(07-11-2016 03:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Pre-post note: Please excuse the cursing. I actually checked the TTA rules before posting this, just to double check I was okay in doing so.
---

I am LIVID right now. For those who don't know him, Frank Pavone is a priest who runs Priests For Life, a "pro-life" organization. He has a ridiculous history of pulling stunts that a lot of folks find distasteful, but I think he's really taken the cake with this one. If you go to Priests for Life's Facebook right now, you can find an image of him standing next to an aborted fetus on an altar, uncovered, and endorsing Donald Trump by name. And a video of him preaching, with the aborted fetus, still on the altar.

Go fuck yourself Padre, go fuck yourself. If you truly believe that's a child, then go fuck yourself for using that child as a prop. If you truly believe that's a child, who deserves a proper funeral, and you used that child as a prop, go fuck yourself. Go fuck yourself for using someone you consider to be a child as a political prop. Go fuck yourself for desecrating the corpse of someone you believe to be a child. Go fuck yourself for not engaging in a corporal work of mercy and properly burying the dead. Go fuck yourself for violating Priests for Life's 501c3 status. Go fuck yourself for reducing human remains to nothing more than a photo op. Go fuck yourself for being a shit lord of a human being. Damn you, you fucking bastard.

Quote:Father Pavone Treats Naked Human Remains As Photo Prop

I seriously, seriously did not want to write about this man again.

Let me ask a hypothetical question. What if a priest tried to preach against rape, by parading a naked rape survivor into the church, still bleeding from her injury, and having her sit on the altar for a photo?

Okay, what if a priest was preaching against nuclear war, so he found the corpse of a person who died from radiation poisoning and slung them naked onto the altar, lit the candles, then put on a HasMat suit and posed behind them for a photo?

What if a priest wanted to preach against the death penalty, so they took the naked and still-dirty corpse of a hanging victim, the face all black and bloated, stuck it on the altar with the limbs all helter skelter and the rictus of a face staring at the congregation, stood behind him and took a selfie?

What if they wanted to preach against drone attacks, so they took burnt flesh and bones scraped out of a destroyed building, sprinkled them on the altar and posed?

Heinous, huh?

It is wrong to use dead people as political props. Most people know that. The Catechism of the Catholic Church specifically states:

The bodies of the dead must be treated with respect and charity, in faith and hope of the Resurrection. The burial of the dead is a corporal work of mercy; it honors the children of God, who are temples of the Holy Spirit.

That’s why there’s so much controversy surrounding news videos of murdered Daesh victims. That’s one of the reasons why pro-life leaders like Abby Johnson have been telling people for years that it’s wrong to show photos of aborted babies at abortion clinic protests– that, and that it’s ineffective.

Well, guess who just did that?

Yep, Father Frank Pavone. I will not further dishonor that poor dead child by sharing the photo in question, but you can find it right at Priests For Life’s Facebook feed. He is not shy about it. He took the remains of a late-term aborted fetus which someone sent him, made no effort to clean the body or lay it out properly, did not dress the infant or even cover his private parts, slung him on the altar curled up in fetal position, lit the candles and posed for a publicity photo. He shared the photo on Priests for Life with a caption endorsing the admitted sexual assailant Donald Trump by name, which seems to me to be a clear violation of his 501-c3 status.

But getting back to that matter of the naked dead baby for a minute. I thought that Father Pavone thought the unborn were human beings? I thought that was the sole thing that he and I had in common? I thought that that was the very reason that abortion was wrong? Because fetuses are human beings, and therefore have all the dignity that a human being has, up to and including treating their corpse with dignity?

Just barring the fact that Pavone is using the baby as a political prop here, did he not think to treat that baby’s remains with the slightest bit of dignity? If he wasn’t going to place them in a coffin, at least wrap a nice little white blanket around them? Why was the baby on the ALTAR instead of in a casket at the foot of the altar, like at every other Catholic funeral for an infant I’ve ever attended?

Human bodies are not objects for us to exploit. As we do to them, we do to Christ.

And when I can stop using the words "fuck you" to describe him, I'll be writing to his diocese, as more than a dozen others I personally know, have done:
http://www.amarillodiocese.org/contact-us

Edit: And on the note of his photo, I won't include it, but here was the text with the still photo:
Quote:Election Novena 7 – Today I am showing you a child who was killed by abortion and entrusted to us by a pathologist for burial. We have had a funeral for this baby, who rests in a Memorial Chapel - - but today I am showing him to you because in this election we have to decide if we will allow this child killing to continue in America or not. Hillary Clinton and the Democratic platform says yes, let the child-killing continue (and you pay for it); Donald Trump and the Republican platform says no, the child should be protected.

Very erudite and eloquently put, Sir. Bowing

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.