Father Refuses to Claim Body of Orlando Shooting Victim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Father Refuses to Claim Body of Orlando Shooting Victim
Wow. Just, wow...

article link

Quote:The Advocate reports that although 48 of the 49 Orlando shooting victims' bodies were claimed by family, one father of a gay man who died in the Orlando shooting rejected his son's body.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 05:02 AM
RE: Father Refuses to Claim Body of Orlando Shooting Victim
(28-06-2016 04:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Wow. Just, wow...

article link

Quote:The Advocate reports that although 48 of the 49 Orlando shooting victims' bodies were claimed by family, one father of a gay man who died in the Orlando shooting rejected his son's body.

That's horrible and sad. That is so wrong. No

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
28-06-2016, 05:21 AM
What a jerk.
28-06-2016, 05:26 AM
I use the term "Y-donor" for a reason. I think it would be appropriate for this guy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2016, 05:42 AM
It might be the son's wishes............

The article doesn't say one way or the other.......

Years ago -- I was a bit miffed at the "funeral industry" -- when the undertaker quoted my best friend a higher price for a coffin than a new car was going for... (back when Yugos were still new)..... My buddy made the funeral director look like he was going to cry - by replying --- "Pine --- whatcha got in pine???"....

At that point - I instructed my family ---- "Fuck it --the state mandates that we support the funeral industry by FORCING a grieving family to spend thousands of dollars to dispose of a corpse... If you want to honor my wishes -- do NOT claim the body.... Make the state pay for it.."...

So -- it might be that the father actually loved the kid - and was supporting his wishes.....

Or, he's a homophobic dick........

We don't know...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
28-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Either way, there's nothing to be sad about at this point. Unless you think that the dead son is crying in heaven over his dad not claiming him.
[+] 4 users Like Matt Finney's post
28-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Then again -- we're making the assumption that the son was gay -

And you know what they say about assumtions..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-06-2016, 06:29 AM
(28-06-2016 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Then again -- we're making the assumption that the son was gay -

And you know what they say about assumtions..

"Some people will always misspell that word." Smartass Laughat
28-06-2016, 06:30 AM
BTW, I have a funeral policy that spells out my wishes. Roasted, toasted, and tossed. If you want to be in control of your death, consider doing the same.
28-06-2016, 06:51 AM
Nope. It was because he was gay:

Quote:We effectively and efficiently completed the identification, notification and autopsy process within a 72-hour period – a monumental task,” according to an earlier statement by OCME, which worked with the Florida Emergency Mortuary Operations Response System to complete the gruesome task.

But it was touch and go for one particular shooting victim whose father didn’t want to claim the body. Because the son was gay. Because the father was ashamed. Finally and after much convincing, the body was released to Orlando-area relatives and he has been buried.

This young man shall remain anonymous so as not to further victimize the deceased, who was Puerto Rican. But Orlando Latino confirmed the information with several sources.

link 2

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky