Father Refuses to Claim Body of Orlando Shooting Victim

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: Father Refuses to Claim Body of Orlando Shooting Victim
I have to wonder what this poor guy went through in life. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I can't imagine ever not being a father to my sons. For all the claims about how religion brings comfort, how can any belief system that makes you ashamed to grieve for your murdered child be considered a comfort.

I feel bad for this guy. I bet his whole life he's been taught to worship this merciful god who will love him unconditionally, provided he adheres to the conditions at all times. Including when he loses his son.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
28-06-2016, 09:25 AM
(28-06-2016 05:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ......

At that point - I instructed my family ---- "Fuck it --the state mandates that we support the funeral industry by FORCING a grieving family to spend thousands of dollars to dispose of a corpse... If you want to honor my wishes -- do NOT claim the body.... Make the state pay for it.."...

All I have to say to this is - Neptune Society.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2016, 10:13 AM
I think it's near impossible to comment knowledgeably in this instance. There could be several extenuating circumstances, not the least of which could've been the father and son's long-term and mutually agreed upon disassociation. I think people may be ignoring the fact that—unfortunately—not all parents love or care for their children (and vice versa). There're obviously lots of cases where parents and their offspring—especially as adults—hate each other's guts.

We just don't know in this case. Other family members have taken the issue on board, so ultimately the dilemma's been sorted. And the drama-hungry media have tried to whip up an emotive public storm where none was really necessary.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
28-06-2016, 10:17 AM
(28-06-2016 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(28-06-2016 05:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ......

At that point - I instructed my family ---- "Fuck it --the state mandates that we support the funeral industry by FORCING a grieving family to spend thousands of dollars to dispose of a corpse... If you want to honor my wishes -- do NOT claim the body.... Make the state pay for it.."...

All I have to say to this is - Neptune Society.

I've since made other arrangements....

Some medical student is going to get a great lesson -- on what NOT to do...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
(28-06-2016 05:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Then again -- we're making the assumption that the son was gay -

And you know what they say about assumtions..

Yea, like other subjects, "situation normal". BARF!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-07-2016, 05:30 AM
In Hungary it's customary for the state or the police force in case of a large accident (and presumably terrorist attacks, thankfully we haven't had any so far) to "claim them as their own dead", meaning they'll cover their funeral's expenses. This father in question, meanwhile, just signed his own certification of asshole-ness.
[+] 2 users Like Naridar's post