Father & Son Rapists plan to use the bible to defend themselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 05:03 PM
RE: Father & Son Rapists plan to use the bible to defend themselves
(24-01-2017 12:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 10:02 PM)f stop Wrote:  The OT punishment for rape is they have to pay her father money and then marry the girl.

But the victim was his step-daughter, effectively already his property. The OT didn't care if you fucked your own property. Dodgy

Incest is punishable by death in the OT. The only problem, is that according to the OT, the victim would be considered guilty too and face the same punishment.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 06:19 PM
(24-01-2017 05:03 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Incest is punishable by death in the OT. The only problem, is that according to the OT, the victim would be considered guilty too and face the same punishment.

You would be astounded at the number of Christians that don't know that.
24-01-2017, 09:15 PM
(24-01-2017 05:03 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 12:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But the victim was his step-daughter, effectively already his property. The OT didn't care if you fucked your own property. Dodgy

Incest is punishable by death in the OT. The only problem, is that according to the OT, the victim would be considered guilty too and face the same punishment.

One of the many, many contradictions.

It was OK for Lot, but condemned elsewhere.

SAB: Incest

SAB: More Incest

There would also be implied incest, like the generations after Adam and Eve and Noah's descendants after the Flood.

And Abraham and Sarah were half siblings.

So it outright forbids it in some places, but condones it elsewhere.

Truly a literary work of divine origin.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
24-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Here's hoping that the victim gets appropriate support Confused So many cases you hear about the girl having to go through absolute trauma in the courtroom. And I hope those scumbags get a long sentence.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-01-2017, 12:58 AM
(24-01-2017 09:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  It was OK for Lot, but condemned elsewhere.

Technically, it wasn't "okay" for Lot. Read the whole thing. The story is a way of smearing the neighbors of the Israelites, by saying that they are the bastard children of incest.

36 So both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. 37 The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab; he is the father of the Moabites of today. 38 The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today. - Genesis 19:36-38

It's political satire, not a literal story. Rather than being a justification for incest, it's actually a tale of ethnocentric racism and slander.

Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

But it's not a good example to say that the Bible "condones" incest. I hear that one a lot, and it's just not true. The Bible is quite explicit, in several verses, that incest is Really Bad™.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-01-2017, 02:14 AM
(24-01-2017 09:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here's hoping that the victim gets appropriate support Confused So many cases you hear about the girl having to go through absolute trauma in the courtroom. And I hope those scumbags get a long sentence.
Fuck, if they are defending themselves will they be allowed to cross examine that poor girl themselves?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
25-01-2017, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 02:59 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(25-01-2017 02:14 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 09:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here's hoping that the victim gets appropriate support Confused So many cases you hear about the girl having to go through absolute trauma in the courtroom. And I hope those scumbags get a long sentence.
Fuck, if they are defending themselves will they be allowed to cross examine that poor girl themselves?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Yes. It's not uncommon for rapists to try this, as a way of getting one last "stab" at their victim (it's possible they think they can intimidate the victim into changing their story, still afraid of his "power")... but it doesn't work out for these creeps very well, at all. Judges and juries get REALLY REALLY mad when they do this, and it's not hard for a prosecutor to make the guy look even creepier.

Basically, as traumatic as it will be for the victim, this is pretty much a guaranteed way to ensure the rapists never see daylight again. Want the book thrown at you? This is how to accomplish it.

And in related news, Bayshore Rapist Gets Life in Prison.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
25-01-2017, 07:24 AM
I was wondering if you would comment on this, since we talked about it a while back. I remember saying that the bible condoned incest and you stating essentially what you are saying here. I'm not digging up the quotes because I'm not disagreeing.

I was hoping that by shifting my position from "the bible condones" to raising the (seeming) contradicting passages that it would still be valid. 'Cause, let's face it, Lot is an asshole and that whole story if fucked up multiple ways. "Righteous man" my ass.

(25-01-2017 12:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Technically, it wasn't "okay" for Lot. Read the whole thing. The story is a way of smearing the neighbors of the Israelites, by saying that they are the bastard children of incest.

That makes sense. I was focusing on the fact that Lot was a descendant of Abraham (nephew?) rather than the politics later.

(25-01-2017 12:58 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  But it's not a good example to say that the Bible "condones" incest. I hear that one a lot, and it's just not true. The Bible is quite explicit, in several verses, that incest is Really Bad™.

I see what you did there... Thumbsup

But, I agree with your points. Thanks for the clarification!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post