Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
That's fucking lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
08-06-2016, 12:36 AM
(07-06-2016 02:57 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 02:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  *sigh*, don't worry, I've been long aware that you don't like how I conduct myself on here. While I'm pretty sure the passive aggressive characterization is mis-attributed. I own my words in that I try not to say anything I don't mean. However I'm not interested in conflict, nor do I care if you want to argue about my opinions.

I simply wish to express myself without being attacked. You can call that whatever you want.

More passive aggressive victmhood. No, not buying that. It's unreasonable to presume you can take part in a social setting and say whatever you please without being called out for your ideas when they are objectionable. You expressed empathy for a rapist with none for the victim and I objected. If you don't like being held accountable for your ideas that's too bad.

Whether I like you or not is not the issue I take excception to your ideas on this issue as others have. That's not an attack and if you think it is it completely explains why
you haven't any empathy for the victim.
Sorry, I really just have no interest in talking to you.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
08-06-2016, 01:06 AM
(07-06-2016 09:22 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I assumed it was standard practice, but I could easily be wrong. I suppose if it's not a big enough facility with enough business to set aside an entire pod/wing of protective custody just for sex offenders, and there isn't enough room in segregation, they've got to put them somewhere. We would never do that for liability reasons. If we put someone we know is going to be targeted by other inmates (sex offender, child abuser, etc.) into general population, and they get hurt or killed, then we can be held criminally liable right alongside the attacker. The only exception, as mentioned above, is if the inmate refuses to sign themselves into protective custody. We can still choose to put them there, but we no longer have to since we have a paper trail showing that it was their choice not to go.

It may well be that the cons I knew, in California in the 90s, were observing the effects of prison overcrowding, and sex offenders had no other place to go.

At any rate, I don't feel inclined to waste sympathy on them. Street justice handles its own business sooner or later.
08-06-2016, 01:08 AM
(07-06-2016 09:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He'll probably end up in the county jail.

He should be off to San Quentin.

True enough, a term that short is rarely almost never referred to a state pen -- costs too much.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-06-2016, 01:09 AM
(07-06-2016 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Adrian...put yourself here...how would you feel about this if the victim was your mother or your sister or your fiancé?

The guy is human...a human animal who hasn't learned right from wrong and at this late date may never learn.

It seems you are willing to give this guy a pass. That says a lot about you...you are the same guy who thinks it's wrong to neuter a dog because it's not fair to them. You are way to hung up on the ability to satisfy sexual urges...though most of us know that rape isn't about sex...it's a violent assault that happens to involve sexual organs.

You are also hung up on the fact that your fiancé doesn't make as much money as you do, isn't as fiscally responsible as you are...makes me wonder what your real stance is on women in general.

I am disappointed.
That I brought it up in this thread is probably a mistake, but it isn't about rape specifically. It's really about crime and violent crime in general and people's attitude towards those who have made bad decisions. I try to hold it in me that people deserve forgiveness for mistakes. But the way "criminals" are often put into a "them" group. A group that can be killed because people are angry. Or humiliated and abused because they have made mistakes. I just don't like it. I don't like people being condemned for a bad decision especially if it was just once or twice or while they were still maturing as an individual. It's not this guy specifically that I care about. Frankly I don't care about him personally, and he deserves a good punishment for doing what he's done. But at the same time I can't feel right wishing physical trauma or a ruined life on him.

Not wanting to neuter a dog has nothing to do with sexual urges. It has to do with mutilating an animal's body. I also find it cruel to declaw cats, for the exact same reason.

"Willing to give that guy a pass" is basically a straw man. I said specifically that he deserves to be fairly punished under the law for the crime he committed. I haven't commented on his actual punishment because I didn't want to take the time to look into what a fair punishment under the law for his specific crime was.

To answer your question, yes if my mother or my fiance or any of my male friends for that matter were assaulted (sexually or not) -- I do not believe I would wish the assailant extra harm (although I can't say for sure unless I was in the situation). Revenge isn't helpful, and it doesn't undo what has been done. If I felt the person was a danger to others, I would want them put away. But if they showed penitence, I would want to believe they could be good people who could go back and live their lives without harming others.

And, while I consider myself extremely feminist, I'm not going to try to prove myself to you. If you want to believe I have some sort of negative view of women, I can't stop you.

08-06-2016, 01:14 AM
(07-06-2016 05:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 02:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I simply wish to express myself without being attacked. You can call that whatever you want.

Consider .... hmmmm .... Consider ..... pussy?
Laugh out load I expected this exact response from you.

I was trying to explain why I even spoke in the first place. Of course it's within anybody's power to attack me if they wish, and I can't stop them. I only speak of my desires. Of course the world doesn't care about those, so ultimately they are unimportant.

08-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Sure, we need to improve the situation in prisons, rapists need to be incarcerated to serve the time given by law and not be raped or abused otherwise. However the situation is like it is as of now: Rapists in prison get beaten up or raped themselves, they are viewed by the prison population as being the lowest kind of being. So once a rapist gets caught, noone can help him much in prison, thats a fact.

Now back to our young rapist. If he wasnt a real stupid idiot, he should have known about this situation, everyone knows about this situation.

So, he probably knew what he would be up to if he raped someone and get caught in the process, but he decided to rape still. Not my/our problem if he thought he could get away with it and not face unjust punishment by the rest of the prison population. If you commit a crime knowing of all the possible consequences (just or not), then i dont have much sympathy for you if you get caught.

Again, im not saying he deserves what may happen to him in prison, but he most probably knew what was (inevitably) going to happen (if he gets caught!), and he decided to rape nevertheless.
I am not going to advocate for letting him go just because once hes convicted, he will suffer additional unjust treatment in prison. He is mainly responsible for this tragedy by triggering it off in the first place. A tragedy that involves him too (!), too bad, but its nothing he couldnt have forseen and avoided.

I dont see the need having (more) sympathy for the rapist who gets over-punished than for the victim who may has to suffer consequences too in the future.

It could all have been avoided in the first place by just.not.raping.that.woman.

So lets put him in jail for a sensible amount of time for his crime, and lets improve the situaion in jails.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 5 users Like Deesse23's post
08-06-2016, 02:30 AM
(08-06-2016 01:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Rapists in prison get beaten up or raped themselves, they are viewed by the prison population as being the lowest kind of being. So once a rapist gets caught, noone can help him much in prison, thats a fact.

Now back to our young rapist. If he wasnt a real stupid idiot, he should have known about this situation, everyone knows about this situation.
Actually I had no clue this was the case. Thanks for informing me.

08-06-2016, 03:50 AM
(08-06-2016 01:09 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Adrian...put yourself here...how would you feel about this if the victim was your mother or your sister or your fiancé?

The guy is human...a human animal who hasn't learned right from wrong and at this late date may never learn.

It seems you are willing to give this guy a pass. That says a lot about you...you are the same guy who thinks it's wrong to neuter a dog because it's not fair to them. You are way to hung up on the ability to satisfy sexual urges...though most of us know that rape isn't about sex...it's a violent assault that happens to involve sexual organs.

You are also hung up on the fact that your fiancé doesn't make as much money as you do, isn't as fiscally responsible as you are...makes me wonder what your real stance is on women in general.

I am disappointed.
That I brought it up in this thread is probably a mistake, but it isn't about rape specifically. It's really about crime and violent crime in general and people's attitude towards those who have made bad decisions. I try to hold it in me that people deserve forgiveness for mistakes. But the way "criminals" are often put into a "them" group. A group that can be killed because people are angry. Or humiliated and abused because they have made mistakes. I just don't like it. I don't like people being condemned for a bad decision especially if it was just once or twice or while they were still maturing as an individual. It's not this guy specifically that I care about. Frankly I don't care about him personally, and he deserves a good punishment for doing what he's done. But at the same time I can't feel right wishing physical trauma or a ruined life on him.

Not wanting to neuter a dog has nothing to do with sexual urges. It has to do with mutilating an animal's body. I also find it cruel to declaw cats, for the exact same reason.

"Willing to give that guy a pass" is basically a straw man. I said specifically that he deserves to be fairly punished under the law for the crime he committed. I haven't commented on his actual punishment because I didn't want to take the time to look into what a fair punishment under the law for his specific crime was.

To answer your question, yes if my mother or my fiance or any of my male friends for that matter were assaulted (sexually or not) -- I do not believe I would wish the assailant extra harm (although I can't say for sure unless I was in the situation). Revenge isn't helpful, and it doesn't undo what has been done. If I felt the person was a danger to others, I would want them put away. But if they showed penitence, I would want to believe they could be good people who could go back and live their lives without harming others.

And, while I consider myself extremely feminist, I'm not going to try to prove myself to you. If you want to believe I have some sort of negative view of women, I can't stop you.

This wasn't just a "bad decision". This was a violent act that would likely have been even worse if two people hadn't stumble upon it. You make this sound like he just took the car keys while he was grounded. Your attitude about this is really hard to understand.

As for what is a "fair" punishment, do you really need to do research before concluding that 6 months isn't it? Especially in light of the reasons the judge gave?

You are under no obligation to be outraged, or even mildly miffed, about this. But, to not understand the problem? I guess you're under no obligation to do that either, but it's mystifying.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
08-06-2016, 04:13 AM
Oh, one other thing: you are looking for reasons to forgive someone who is not only not asking for forgiveness, but continues to deny he did anything wrong. For me at least, that's the really troubling part about your attitude.

If this guy was begging forgiveness and apologizing, and his argument was he also had too much to drink and did something stupid, then maybe I can see having sympathy for him. It doesn't make the sentencing any less troubling, but at least at that point I can see someone putting themselves in his shoes. But, that's not the case here. This little shit doesn't think he did anything wrong and his father's attitude of "it was only bad for 20 minutes" seems to be the son's attitude as well. I suspect it's the sense of entitlement and utter lack of responsibility as much as the sentence that has people so pissed off. Does this really seem like a person who isn't going to do this again?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 7 users Like BnW's post