Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 07:41 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
All this back and forth between neutering pets and the original topic, and it struck me:
[attachment=3424]

6 months is long enough to heal up from surgery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
08-06-2016, 08:43 PM
(07-06-2016 11:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  My take is a bit different. What upsets me is the inequity here. If he was poor and black, and all the other facts were the same, do you think he'd be getting 6 months in jail? We throw young black males in jail in this country for almost nothing, and we don't bat an eye. But, take an affluent white kids convicted of a violent crime and suddenly it's time to worry about his future.

It's an obscene double standard, and one that is an embarrassment to at least the California justice system.

This. 100% this. A poor minority defendant would have been given a much harsher sentence, no matter how much his parents plead with the judge. Had the victim been an affluent woman, I believe we'd also see a different outcome. But, she was "just" a drunk average woman and the rapist was a wealthy connected white boy, so here we are.
[+] 6 users Like beeglez's post
08-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Why stop at neutering? Give him a sex change just for the hell of it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-06-2016, 08:59 PM
I would be very surprised if this was the first time Brock has raped someone. Honestly, given the wording of his father's letter, I wouldn't be surprised if dad has had "20 minutes of action" a time or two himself.
[+] 8 users Like beeglez's post
08-06-2016, 10:00 PM
(08-06-2016 06:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A six month sentence and douchebag will probably be out before that. How many people want him on the streets around the women/girls in their lives? A six month sentence can also mean he spends time in a county jail...not prison.

I do not care one bit that his life is going to be messed up. His life was already messed up, he just hadn't acted on it yet or hadn't been caught.

I am still struggling with the concept that since he didn't rape her for a longer period of time he should get a shorter sentence. Who in their right mind can even come to that conclusion?

He got caught early, therefore he should be let out early is indeed horseshit. I am not a psychologist, but I don't think I'm stepping out too far when I say that anyone who would rape another is by dint of that fact most likely sociopathic.

Honestly, I'm skeptical that a hitch in the hooch would do anything to fix sociopathy; I'm even skeptical that any form of therapy might fix folks who think a dick is a weapon of control. Such people obviously have some leaking gaskets.

As a teen, I lived near Atascadero State Hospital, in California. The inmates there had no fixed sentences, for the most part. Is that a right or fair thing? I don't know. If rapism is a mental issue, and it seems to me that it may well be so, such an indeterminate sentence seems fair ... until the rapist learns how to fool the system, as sociopaths are skilled at doing.

I don't think there's any easy answer.
08-06-2016, 10:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 07:12 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(07-06-2016 11:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  My take is a bit different. What upsets me is the inequity here. If he was poor and black, and all the other facts were the same, do you think he'd be getting 6 months in jail? We throw young black males in jail in this country for almost nothing, and we don't bat an eye. But, take an affluent white kids convicted of a violent crime and suddenly it's time to worry about his future.

It's an obscene double standard, and one that is an embarrassment to at least the California justice system.

I've known -- hell, I've hired -- convicts who've done more time for, say, fencing stolen goods, three years in Soledad in that case.

He was Hispanic. Probably a coincidence, right?
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 04:38 AM
Thanks again world. Dodgy

[Image: tumblr_inline_new817PqvF1t045e4.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-06-2016, 10:50 AM
(08-06-2016 10:00 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 06:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A six month sentence and douchebag will probably be out before that. How many people want him on the streets around the women/girls in their lives? A six month sentence can also mean he spends time in a county jail...not prison.

I do not care one bit that his life is going to be messed up. His life was already messed up, he just hadn't acted on it yet or hadn't been caught.

I am still struggling with the concept that since he didn't rape her for a longer period of time he should get a shorter sentence. Who in their right mind can even come to that conclusion?

He got caught early, therefore he should be let out early is indeed horseshit. I am not a psychologist, but I don't think I'm stepping out too far when I say that anyone who would rape another is by dint of that fact most likely sociopathic.

Honestly, I'm skeptical that a hitch in the hooch would do anything to fix sociopathy; I'm even skeptical that any form of therapy might fix folks who think a dick is a weapon of control. Such people obviously have some leaking gaskets.

As a teen, I lived near Atascadero State Hospital, in California. The inmates there had no fixed sentences, for the most part. Is that a right or fair thing? I don't know. If rapism is a mental issue, and it seems to me that it may well be so, such an indeterminate sentence seems fair ... until the rapist learns how to fool the system, as sociopaths are skilled at doing.

I don't think there's any easy answer.

Thump, sounds like you grew up near me (SLO area). I'm also very familiar with that hospital and mental conditions, and I 100% agree this guy (and his father) exhibit sociopathic behavior. However, being rich and entitled sometimes yields similar behavior, and falling on hard times sometimes "cures" those urges. Maybe there's hope for this kid.

In general, I prefer leniency and a rehabilitation approach to sentences, but is woefully inadequate in the US. We seem to prefer locking people up and throwing away the key, rather than trying to help someone. However, I think it's an absolute outrage that a young entitled prick who has shown not the slightest hint of remorse got off so easy (undoubtedly due to his color and status). After reading the victim's letter to her rapist, I'm floored by her well-reasoned logical and even compassionate response, truly commendable.

I would also consider castration as a possible punishment for some rapists (only if serial and violent), although I do think that would be way too harsh for this young first-time offender. I would have been much happier with a ~2 year sentence (provided sentences from similar cases of young men of different socioeconomic backgrounds were not statistically different). The max of 14 years would have been way too much IMO, regardless of color. US sentencing in general is quite harsh (especially compared to most of Europe, but perhaps they're a bit too lenient, I dunno, haven't researched recidivism rates).

Also, on the neutering topic, the number of pets put down each year is actually in the millions, so.... yeah.... SPAY AND NEUTER.

From ASPCA via Google: "Each year, approximately 2.7 million animals are euthanized (1.2 million dogs and 1.4 million cats). Approximately 2.7 million shelter animals are adopted each year (1.4 million dogs and 1.3 million cats). "
GaspSadcryfaceSadcryface2Weeping

"just an FYI: There are 2 kinds of people in the world -- those who divide everybody into 2 kinds of people & those who don't." Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like MustangManda's post
09-06-2016, 11:03 AM

This is the edited for reality version of the Dad's letter.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 5 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-06-2016, 11:47 AM
'You will be impotent and know the pain of pine needles in your guts': Angry witches perform max-hexing of Stanford rapist

'Murican Canadian