Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 05:40 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(09-06-2016 03:36 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  In general, I am also against irreversible punishments, but in cases of repeated violent sexual behavior, in extreme circumstances, I feel it should be an option (perhaps only by volunteers though). Seems like a better option than life in prison or the death penalty at the very least, and might substantially improve their behavior (like with pedophiles, who just can't help themselves, but may want to be better). Perhaps just offer a reduced sentence to those who are willing to do the procedure.

I could perhaps get behind it as a voluntary tradeoff. Does the procedure actually reduce recidivism?

(09-06-2016 03:36 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Well how about that, small world. It's my favorite part also, class of '04 AGHS (south 45 mins), I played intramural sports against Paso people, good times, I love Paso, still have family there too. I did go to Cal Poly (as did my parents), and still visit often (was there last weekend, went wine tasting in Templeton). My username is both a nod to Poly and my cars, I own a few Mustangs.

Played a couple of football games against Arroyo Grande (outside linebacker / wide receiver, Bearcats, 81-82). Haven't been back to Paso since before the earthquake, but even before, it had changed so much I didn't feel at home.

Does Templeton still have Moonlight Madness in October? My buds and I used to love hanging out there during that time. Boring, eh?

I've seen you plenty on here, had no idea you were a homeskillet. Good to meet ya. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
(09-06-2016 04:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just for argument's sake, let's assume science has advanced and we can now determine predisposition for certain crimes via brain scan.

Would you scan at birth and take some sort of measure to prevent any criminal action?

Would you scan at the time of the first offense and then take measures?

How would we manage such knowledge? Because it is quite possible that this will happen.

I'm not sure. I can't remember the Frenchman who plumped for phrenology in diagnosing criminal charateristics in childhood, but the obviously deep flaws in his methodology -- along with a libertarian streak in me -- lead me to deeply distrust the idea of granting any government that sort of power.

After first offense? Perhaps, given that the individual has already stepped over the line. Beforehand? I can't get behind that.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Also -- I urge any readers here in the relevant jurisdiction to sign that recall petition. That judge has demonstrated his own unfitness for office.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 06:12 PM
"Brock Turner, The Rapist", very good video from Philip DeFranco

https://www.facebook.com/DeFrancoNation/...=2&theater

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
09-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Considering it takes a fraction a second to put a bullet through a persons face I wonder what the dumbfucks opinion of murder is.
The lesser crime here is that this fucking idiot was able and allowed to breed in the first place.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
09-06-2016, 07:03 PM
(09-06-2016 06:14 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Considering it takes a fraction a second to put a bullet through a persons face I wonder what the dumbfucks opinion of murder is.
The lesser crime here is that this fucking idiot was able and allowed to breed in the first place.

Let us hope that the night his father sired him was a long and lascivious night, then. The asshole of a father deserves a good stretch at Pelican Bay, don't you agree?
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
09-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Yes I do. It is one thing when a child grows up without good parents to help him, and quite another when the parent(s) are pigs.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
09-06-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm having a discussion at AF about the propriety of castration, physical and/or chemical. I'm certainly against physical castration, but up in the air about chemical castration. Any thoughts?
09-06-2016, 08:32 PM
(09-06-2016 08:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm having a discussion at AF about the propriety of castration, physical and/or chemical. I'm certainly against physical castration, but up in the air about chemical castration. Any thoughts?

Volunteers only, on either. The thing about this kind of punishment, like the death penalty, it's not that I object to using it as much as I can't support anything like that in our current judicial climate. We do not have equality in our judicial system and as long as the bigotry and prejudice is alive and well we cannot in good conscience give out an unchangeable outcome. That is my stance as of now.

I used to be a supporter of the DP but equality in sentencing is not a reality so I had to step away from that pov.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
09-06-2016, 08:42 PM
(09-06-2016 08:32 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 08:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm having a discussion at AF about the propriety of castration, physical and/or chemical. I'm certainly against physical castration, but up in the air about chemical castration. Any thoughts?

Volunteers only, on either. The thing about this kind of punishment, like the death penalty, it's not that I object to using it as much as I can't support anything like that in our current judicial climate. We do not have equality in our judicial system and as long as the bigotry and prejudice is alive and well we cannot in good conscience give out an unchangeable outcome. That is my stance as of now.

I used to be a supporter of the DP but equality in sentencing is not a reality so I had to step away from that pov.

I agree with your outlook, but my own objection is rooted differently. I simply don't like the idea of an irreversible sentence being handed out. No, you cannot give back time, but you can compensate for it. How do you compensate for wrongful emasculation? How do you compensate for wrongful killing?

Where the "tangential" part comes in is when wrongful convictions are handed down,they are too often shown to be racially biased.

But even if there were no racial bias, I would not support an irreversible sentence, be it DP or castration.

Does anyone here know if chemical castration is or isn't reversible?