Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2016, 08:44 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
That's my stance as well. The system screws it up far too many times. Once is too many with the DP.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
09-06-2016, 09:18 PM
(09-06-2016 08:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm having a discussion at AF about the propriety of castration, physical and/or chemical. I'm certainly against physical castration, but up in the air about chemical castration. Any thoughts?

I don't know that I can go with surgical castration but in cases such as child rape...bring on the drugs. Also in cases where there is DNA evidence, video evidence, or in the case of this Brock dickweed - eyewitnesses, bring on the drugs.

This isn't a total fix as some rapists, apparently Brock included, will use foreign objects so the ability to get an erection isn't required.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-06-2016, 10:11 PM
(09-06-2016 08:42 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 08:32 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Volunteers only, on either. The thing about this kind of punishment, like the death penalty, it's not that I object to using it as much as I can't support anything like that in our current judicial climate. We do not have equality in our judicial system and as long as the bigotry and prejudice is alive and well we cannot in good conscience give out an unchangeable outcome. That is my stance as of now.

I used to be a supporter of the DP but equality in sentencing is not a reality so I had to step away from that pov.

I agree with your outlook, but my own objection is rooted differently. I simply don't like the idea of an irreversible sentence being handed out. No, you cannot give back time, but you can compensate for it. How do you compensate for wrongful emasculation? How do you compensate for wrongful killing?

Where the "tangential" part comes in is when wrongful convictions are handed down,they are too often shown to be racially biased.

But even if there were no racial bias, I would not support an irreversible sentence, be it DP or castration.

Does anyone here know if chemical castration is or isn't reversible?

I don't know the answer to the reversibility question. One thing to consider, though, is that a chemical like that has side-effects like any other.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
09-06-2016, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 10:55 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(09-06-2016 09:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 08:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm having a discussion at AF about the propriety of castration, physical and/or chemical. I'm certainly against physical castration, but up in the air about chemical castration. Any thoughts?

I don't know that I can go with surgical castration but in cases such as child rape...bring on the drugs. Also in cases where there is DNA evidence, video evidence, or in the case of this Brock dickweed - eyewitnesses, bring on the drugs.

This isn't a total fix as some rapists, apparently Brock included, will use foreign objects so the ability to get an erection isn't required.

I get the last part -- rape is a crime of power, not sexuality, and such can be obtained vicariously. My question is, would chemical castration leave irreversble side-effects? The answer to that question would certainly have an impact on my own opinion, given that I don't think the government should wield that sort of power.

My stance is that if chemical castration is reversible, I might come to terms with it. But I don't think the government should have the power to make such irreversible and personal alterations of psychology.

Ideally, the criminal justice system ought to be practical and not moral, in my view.
10-06-2016, 03:00 AM
(09-06-2016 10:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Ideally, the criminal justice system ought to be practical and not moral, in my view.

Execution eliminates recidivism. Very practical. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2016, 03:29 AM
(10-06-2016 03:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-06-2016 10:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Ideally, the criminal justice system ought to be practical and not moral, in my view.

Also, cutting off the hands of a pick-pocket stops them from pick-pocketing again. I'm pretty sure the caliphates are really fond of that one. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-06-2016, 03:57 AM
(10-06-2016 03:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Very final too. If you execute potential victims too then the crimes can't even happen in the first place.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
(10-06-2016 03:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-06-2016 03:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  Execution eliminates recidivism. Very practical. Drinking Beverage

Very final too. If you execute potential victims too then the crimes can't even happen in the first place.

Very pragmatic. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2016, 08:00 AM
I didn't read 16.5 pages of this thread but my mr and I just went on a raging fit about this whole thing.

So, as on the OP, there is this stupid letter from the rapist's father talking like his boy is the victim here. You have got to be fucking kidding me!
I found a person on Twitter that took that letter, and apparently one from the mother as well, and fixed them up.
I find her fixed version much more fitting.

But apart from that...
I know parents love their kids and they will try to protect them from everything and they see their kids through heart shaped glasses. I get it. But Once that kid commits a serious crime, those filters have to come off. I am sorry but rape is not something you can talk down or ignore. I don't fucking care if prison will have an impact of a rapists life.

And that line about "20 minutes of action" compared to his 20 years he lived so far?! Uwotmate?
Hey why don't we just all go around shooting people. Takes only 5 seconds of action. Compared to my 32 years of life so far, I shouldn't get a big prison sentence. It would have an impact on me to go to prison for that. Come on.

I have not been in that family of course but you know those parents who will always excuse their children's actions no matter what? Let me guess. These ones are exactly that. It is obvious because they are doing it even if their son RAPES someone.

Have you stumbled across the video about conscent and tea? Conscent is so easy. How can people still talk about it like "oh but we were drunk" or "oh but she was unconscious and said yes earlier" etc. It is bullshit.

Btw here is the tea video

/rage

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
11-06-2016, 08:40 AM
(11-06-2016 08:00 AM)Leela Wrote:  I didn't read 16.5 pages of this thread but my mr and I just went on a raging fit about this whole thing.

So, as on the OP, there is this stupid letter from the rapist's father talking like his boy is the victim here. You have got to be fucking kidding me!
I found a person on Twitter that took that letter, and apparently one from the mother as well, and fixed them up.
I find her fixed version much more fitting.

But apart from that...
I know parents love their kids and they will try to protect them from everything and they see their kids through heart shaped glasses. I get it. But Once that kid commits a serious crime, those filters have to come off. I am sorry but rape is not something you can talk down or ignore. I don't fucking care if prison will have an impact of a rapists life.

And that line about "20 minutes of action" compared to his 20 years he lived so far?! Uwotmate?
Hey why don't we just all go around shooting people. Takes only 5 seconds of action. Compared to my 32 years of life so far, I shouldn't get a big prison sentence. It would have an impact on me to go to prison for that. Come on.

I have not been in that family of course but you know those parents who will always excuse their children's actions no matter what? Let me guess. These ones are exactly that. It is obvious because they are doing it even if their son RAPES someone.

Have you stumbled across the video about conscent and tea? Conscent is so easy. How can people still talk about it like "oh but we were drunk" or "oh but she was unconscious and said yes earlier" etc. It is bullshit.

Btw here is the tea video

/rage

Yes, the tea analogy is a very good vid. And yes, I too don't understand how they cannot "get it" about consent. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]