Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
I saw where his jail time will be three months - time off for good behavior is what they said.

Has everyone lost their damn minds?

Three months in jail for rape. Jesus H Christ. Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 08:45 AM
(11-06-2016 08:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I saw where his jail time will be three months - time off for good behavior is what they said.

Has everyone lost their damn minds?

Three months in jail for rape. Jesus H Christ. Angry

And another bad thing is the jury gave him 6 years but the judge overruled that because it impacted his life too much. Angry

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
11-06-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not quite sure why the father's statement comes as a surprise to anyone here. Of course he would say anything to prevent his son's life from being ruined in a big way. Wouldn't you do the same for your kids?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
11-06-2016, 09:10 AM
(11-06-2016 09:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm not quite sure why the father's statement comes as a surprise to anyone here. Of course he would say anything to prevent his son's life from being ruined in a big way. Wouldn't you do the same for your kids?

If they were wrongly accused, yes.

I tried to teach my kids to be responsible for their actions. I also tried to teach them right from wrong. I thought that was my job.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 09:13 AM
(11-06-2016 09:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm not quite sure why the father's statement comes as a surprise to anyone here. Of course he would say anything to prevent his son's life from being ruined in a big way. Wouldn't you do the same for your kids?

No, I wouldn't. I would expect my child to take responsibility for their actions, regardless of what that meant. If they created that situation then they need to own it and face the consequences and even make amends if possible.

Kind of scary that you think otherwise. Guess you side with scapegoating. Gasp

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
11-06-2016, 09:26 AM
(11-06-2016 09:13 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I wouldn't. I would expect my child to take responsibility for their actions, regardless of what that meant. If they created that situation then they need to own it and face the consequences and even make amends if possible.

There's nothing scary about wanting the best possible outcome for the life of your own child. According to his statement, the convict's father wants his son to make amends as well by having him educate college students on the dangers of alcohol abuse.

Why you think that this has anything to do with scapegoating is beyond me.

11-06-2016, 09:43 AM
(11-06-2016 09:26 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-06-2016 09:13 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  No, I wouldn't. I would expect my child to take responsibility for their actions, regardless of what that meant. If they created that situation then they need to own it and face the consequences and even make amends if possible.

There's nothing scary about wanting the best possible outcome for the life of your own child. According to his statement, the convict's father wants his son to make amends as well by having him educate college students on the dangers of alcohol abuse.

Why you think that this has anything to do with scapegoating is beyond me.

Scapegoating his ownership of his crime. Don't be obtuse. Dodgy

11-06-2016, 09:48 AM
He NEVER owned it, even after he was convicted. His dad denied it in his letter. Danced around the rape. Everything would be different if they had. Still do time, but the outrage would have been less. Arrogant worthless bastards.
[+] 6 users Like skyking's post
11-06-2016, 09:58 AM
(11-06-2016 09:48 AM)skyking Wrote:  He NEVER owned it, even after he was convicted. His dad denied it in his letter. Danced around the rape. Everything would be different if they had. Still do time, but the outrage would have been less. Arrogant worthless bastards.

The part that pisses me off the most is the statement that the son has never done anything violent in his life...not even during the assault...WTAF is that?

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 10:26 AM
(11-06-2016 09:43 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Scapegoating his ownership of his crime. Don't be obtuse. Dodgy
I'm not being obtuse, your statement simply doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not a native English speaker, but in my experience, the word "scapegoating" is used to describe the act of choosing a person or a group of people and wrongfully putting the blame for a particular problem on them. It's almost exclusively done for the purpose of creating an antagonistic figure that can be punished for creating this problem. A historical example would be when the Jews were blamed for the Black Death in the 14th century and the advocated solution was to massacre them before they could poison any more wells. I don't see how your usage of that term makes any sense in this context. Whom did I choose as a scapegoat in your view and for what problem?