Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2016, 07:21 PM
(11-06-2016 09:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm not quite sure why the father's statement comes as a surprise to anyone here. Of course he would say anything to prevent his son's life from being ruined in a big way. Wouldn't you do the same for your kids?

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
11-06-2016, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 12:34 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Add me to the list. My son, a university freshman, knows damn well that his messes are his own to clean up. He's made his share of bad decisions, and he understands that his actions are his own.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-06-2016, 03:04 AM
(11-06-2016 10:54 AM)julep Wrote:  The only thing he can offer to his peers is what they already know: if you're the right color, right income bracket, and right sport, you'll get minimal consequences, no matter how heinous your actions.

Oh, it really pains us,
We'll have to kill your wives and children, too.
It's purely business--
We just can't have them avenging you!
We'll storm the Hamptons,
And Beverly Hills,
And to Georgetown we'll go,
And we'll burn Connecticut to the ground
So that nothing ever grows!
It's time for guillotines,
It's time to raise the boards,
It's time to sharpen blades,
We just can't take this anymore!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-06-2016, 10:40 PM
(08-06-2016 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 10:50 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  I'm not talking about reason of taking the action or the outcome. I'm purely talking about the action itself. And you are right, I might be seeing dogs as more than just "animals". I just personally don't feel it's right to cut into another creature unless it's medically necessary (or for food). It may be a "necessary evil" given what we've done to dogs, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Anyways, it's really not relevant to this discussion, and I don't even know why Anjele brought it up in the first place.

And, while your implication that I have some agenda against female creatures is noted, and not appreciated. No, I have no idea what pre-neutered vs post-neutered looks like for either male or female dogs.

Talk with a veterinarian. They will tell you that neutering your pet is one of the best things you can do. It keeps them safer...they aren't running off to answer nature's call or having litters every time they go into heat. It is not mutilation. Cropping ears, docking tails, and declawing are forms of mutilation. Declawing is the worst in my opinion as it leave a cat without all its defenses which can be quite dangerous.
I'm not talking about the reason to neuter. I get it and it makes sense. I'm saying, regardless of the reason (aka the desired outcome) you are still removing a part of that creature's body. I personally find that cruel, that's all. But I know why it's done. It seems like a case of "the end justifies the means".

Quote:Having a pet neutered at a young age also reduces things like breast cancer and testicular cancer.
That makes sense.

Quote:Why did I bring it up...go back and read my post...you seem to have issues with suppression of sexual desires.

My issue with your stance is that I see a pattern with you that makes me uneasy.
Frankly, you seem to have brought it up (along with a list of other things) to attack my character. And I'll just say I found that hurtful, and I doubt anything I say can change your view of me. So feel free to think these things Angie.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-06-2016, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 08:29 AM by EvolutionKills.)
This reminds me of that 'affluenza' case a while back, where a 16 year old got drunk, stole a car, hit and killed multiple people. But his parents were loaded, and he got off with a slap on the wrist, with the argument that he'd never taken responsibility for his action before (because of his parent's obscene wealth) so he couldn't be held responsible now.

I fail to see how preventing someone from taking responsibility for their actions now, will make them more likely to take responsibility for their action later.

I can understand a parent's unquestionable love for their child. But his son is a rapist. Not only that, but everything he tried to bring up to defend himself shows that he fundamentally doesn't understand the problem, that the rapist has a shocking lack of empathy. The son needs to be removed from society, and get professional help. If the father doesn't understand that, then that further belies his failure as a parent. 3 months in prison for good behavior and not going to the Olympics isn't going to fix his son's problems, and nothing in that letter indicates that the father has any fucking idea, which could be one of the sources of the problem to begin with. His father also shows a shocking lack of empathy for the victim. I highly doubt his son's condition will improve under his care.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-06-2016, 11:04 PM
(11-06-2016 04:19 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Is that Garret Dillahunt on the left?
13-06-2016, 12:15 AM
(12-06-2016 10:54 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  This reminds me of that 'affluenza' case a while back, where a 16 year old got drunk, stole a car, hit and killed multiple people. But his parents were loaded, and he got of with a slap on the wrist, with the argument that he'd never taken responsibility for his action before (because of his parent's obscene wealth) so he couldn't be held responsible now.

I fail to see how preventing someone from taking responsibility for their actions now, will make them more likely to take responsibility for their action later.

I can understand a parent's unquestionable love for their child. But his son is a rapist. Not only that, but everything he tried to bring up to defend himself shows that he fundamentally doesn't understand the problem, that the rapist has a shocking lack of empathy. The son needs to be removed from society, and get professional help. If the father doesn't understand that, then that further belies his failure as a parent. 3 months in prison for good behavior and not going to the Olympics isn't going to fix his son's problems, and nothing in that letter indicates that the father has any fucking idea, which could be one of the sources of the problem to begin with. His father also shows a shocking lack of empathy for the victim. I highly doubt his son's condition will improve under his care.

Couldn't have said it better.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-06-2016, 08:35 PM
The judge's bad works are coming home to roost. He was removed from another rape case.
http://wgntv.com/2016/06/15/prosecutor-r...-new-case/
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
15-06-2016, 08:59 PM
(15-06-2016 08:35 PM)skyking Wrote:  The judge's bad works are coming home to roost. He was removed from another rape case.
http://wgntv.com/2016/06/15/prosecutor-r...-new-case/

I saw that. Yay! Remove him from the bench next. I'd bet if he got raped he'd want the rapist to get more than 3 months.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post