Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
I don't think his troubles are over by a long shot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 09:14 PM
(15-06-2016 08:35 PM)skyking Wrote:  The judge's bad works are coming home to roost. He was removed from another rape case.
http://wgntv.com/2016/06/15/prosecutor-r...-new-case/
I've been wondering about how common that is ever since I saw the movie Kill Bill. I don't know why, but the thought of medical professionals sexually abusing unconscious or in this case sedated patients had never crossed my mind until then.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-06-2016, 03:59 PM
I got those news as well, but on here: http://distractify.com/news/2016/06/15/a...of-justice

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
18-06-2016, 04:22 PM
That judge has gone nuts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I find that article somewhat strange. They're criticizing him for throwing out a misdemeanor case before the jury could deliberate. That is well within the power (and responsibilities) of a judge, when the prosecution has clearly failed to present evidence that would meet the elements of the case; in every trial (perhaps every one without a Public Defender) there is a phase, just before jury deliberations, where the Defense makes a Motion to dismiss based on lack of evidence. This is actually evidence this judge is an honest one.

I am in no way defending the asshole who gave a rapist a 6 month sentence... I'm just pointing out the legal aspect of dismissing a case before it goes to jury.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Don't you think the 6-month sentence calls into question his ability to judge a rape case fairly?

I think removing him from the latter case is a good idea pending a look into his views on rape cases.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-06-2016, 12:28 AM
I don't question that he clearly holds ideas that make him unqualified to judge rape cases... but the article stressed that he was actually in trouble for throwing out a misdemeanor case before it reached the jury for deliberation, which is actually his job, if the DA didn't present evidence to cover one of the required elements of the case.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-06-2016, 12:48 AM
If the DA didn't.

Until there's a review, he could be throwing out cases, and if I'm not mistaken, those could not legally be reinstated (double-jeopardy and all that).

Seems to me wise to send rape cases to another judge until his own veracity is determined by his superiors.
19-06-2016, 08:55 AM
(19-06-2016 12:28 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I don't question that he clearly holds ideas that make him unqualified to judge rape cases... but the article stressed that he was actually in trouble for throwing out a misdemeanor case before it reached the jury for deliberation, which is actually his job, if the DA didn't present evidence to cover one of the required elements of the case.

"If"... there isn't enough evidence, that's true but nothing says that it was true. There is no evidence either way for us to point to him being honest about his decision or not.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-06-2016, 09:00 AM
(19-06-2016 08:55 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 12:28 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I don't question that he clearly holds ideas that make him unqualified to judge rape cases... but the article stressed that he was actually in trouble for throwing out a misdemeanor case before it reached the jury for deliberation, which is actually his job, if the DA didn't present evidence to cover one of the required elements of the case.

"If"... there isn't enough evidence, that's true but nothing says that it was true. There is no evidence either way for us to point to him being honest about his decision or not.

Everything he does now will be under the microscope of media. I'd say it renders him useless.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post