Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(31-08-2016 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This guy gets out of prison tomorrow.
3 months.

Literally not enough time for this thread to sink to the abyss of page 2.

I can't get over this. It literally took longer for me to be released from prison, after the high court ruled my conviction was illegal and needed to be reversed/vacated (because the lower court judge is the only one with the actual power to send the order, per the directions of the appellate courts), than this little shit even was sentenced to, let alone served.

My wife would occasionally joke, in a moment of pain, that it's a shame I didn't rape anyone or touch children, because I could have been sent home years before. I wish there was a way to argue with that sentiment. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
31-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Quote:My wife would occasionally joke, in a moment of pain, that it's a shame I didn't rape anyone or touch children, because I could have been sent home years before. I wish there was a way to argue with that sentiment. Undecided

One of the many reasons I left law enforcement. I would stop someone driving horribly- very, very DUI. Third, fourth, fifth offense. DUI's take forever to process- an officer is usually tied up at the jail for 4 or 5 hours.
Many times, the offender was bailed out and home in bed before I completed the paperwork booking him into jail.

Our system is screwed.
[+] 5 users Like The Dark One's post
01-09-2016, 12:19 AM
(31-08-2016 10:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 08:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This guy gets out of prison tomorrow.
3 months.

Literally not enough time for this thread to sink to the abyss of page 2.

I can't get over this. It literally took longer for me to be released from prison, after the high court ruled my conviction was illegal and needed to be reversed/vacated (because the lower court judge is the only one with the actual power to send the order, per the directions of the appellate courts), than this little shit even was sentenced to, let alone served.

My wife would occasionally joke, in a moment of pain, that it's a shame I didn't rape anyone or touch children, because I could have been sent home years before. I wish there was a way to argue with that sentiment. Undecided

Sad Your story is... I guess probably not unique... but to me it's one of the most horrible examples of injustice that I've come across. You should consider writing a book? I know you said it's unlikely that you'll get much compensation from the state.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-09-2016, 12:43 AM
(01-09-2016 12:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-08-2016 10:42 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I can't get over this. It literally took longer for me to be released from prison, after the high court ruled my conviction was illegal and needed to be reversed/vacated (because the lower court judge is the only one with the actual power to send the order, per the directions of the appellate courts), than this little shit even was sentenced to, let alone served.

Sad Your story is... I guess probably not unique... but to me it's one of the most horrible examples of injustice that I've come across. You should consider writing a book? I know you said it's unlikely that you'll get much compensation from the state.

I thought about it, but as you point out my story is far from unique. The issue is covered endlessly, in cases far more egregious than my own, and still no one cares.

Frankly, it's just not worth the pain of rehashing all of the bullshit, all over again, and even if I am successful-- it would mean promotional tours, uncomfortable questions from idiot reporters/interviewers, and (as always happens when someone challenges The System) essentially being accused of lying or exaggerating.

Fuck. That.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-09-2016, 12:52 AM
(01-09-2016 12:43 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I thought about it, but as you point out my story is far from unique. The issue is covered endlessly, in cases far more egregious than my own, and still no one cares.

Frankly, it's just not worth the pain of rehashing all of the bullshit, all over again, and even if I am successful-- it would mean promotional tours, uncomfortable questions from idiot reporters/interviewers, and (as always happens when someone challenges The System) essentially being accused of lying or exaggerating.

Fuck. That.

Hadn't thought of that Undecided I think... somehow these stories - all of them - need to be told though. Ordinary people need to be aware of the utter bullshit that goes on.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
01-09-2016, 03:43 AM
OK, chances are I will get hammered for this but - it has to be asked.

How much is this rapists, certain drug users, drinkers etc being part of the same macho culture that encourages the love of guns, the inherent violence in American football, the similar, if against the strict rules, violence in ice hockey. The, once at least, lionising of killers in western movies, that's including the "good guys." Etc

Are you fighting your own history and culture if you comdemn this man?

And I feel the same way about the violence in rugby football, all part of the macho public school (English version) caning, fagging, (English version again), boxing, wall gaming and other manly, character building, behaviours.

And what characters it built! Corrupt and lying politicians, greedy captains of industry, incompetents in positions given to them under the Old Boys rule and so on.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
02-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Quote:I can't get over this. It literally took longer for me to be released from prison, after the high court ruled my conviction was illegal and needed to be reversed/vacated

Now that is fucked up.

My cousin got 3 years for a theft charge on his first ever arrest or any trouble with the Police. Served every single day and while he was in prison he got roped in with a gang (he's very impressionable), started doing things for them and using meth. When he got out they had their claws dug into him and got him in more trouble (his own doing for sure, but he never would have gotten involved in them if he hadn't been sent to jail for so long) and he went back to prison twice after and rehab because of it. The judge that sent him to jail for the third time said it was outrageous that the first judge had given him, a first time offender, such a harsh sentence considering the crime.

When someone steals something they can be made whole again. They can get their thing back, or insurance money. The perpetrator can be made to pay.
When someone is raped that person can't be made whole again.
Why the fuck does my cousin get 3 years and this douche gets 3 months???

(01-09-2016 03:43 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  OK, chances are I will get hammered for this but - it has to be asked.

How much is this rapists, certain drug users, drinkers etc being part of the same macho culture that encourages the love of guns, the inherent violence in American football, the similar, if against the strict rules, violence in ice hockey. The, once at least, lionising of killers in western movies, that's including the "good guys." Etc

Are you fighting your own history and culture if you comdemn this man?

And I feel the same way about the violence in rugby football, all part of the macho public school (English version) caning, fagging, (English version again), boxing, wall gaming and other manly, character building, behaviours.

And what characters it built! Corrupt and lying politicians, greedy captains of industry, incompetents in positions given to them under the Old Boys rule and so on.

Except we're all brought up in this culture and yet most of us have the good sense to not go around raping people.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
02-09-2016, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016 09:12 PM by Anjele.)
(01-09-2016 03:43 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  OK, chances are I will get hammered for this but - it has to be asked.

No hammering but I would like to point out that rape is a crime of violence.

Drinking and/or drug usage isn't the same sort of thing. Can be illegal, but not in and of themselves violent crimes against someone else.

Comparing full contact sports by people who are playing it voluntarily also isn't the same thing as someone violently sexually attacking someone who obviously didn't join in voluntarily.

I am not going to further the endless gun debates here.

I don't see where American culture (whatever that is) leads one to think rape is acceptable like playing a sport, snorting a line of coke, or having a cocktail.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2016, 06:06 PM
I played organized football for three years as a youth and grew up watching every game I could once we returned to America; and though I don't own a gun, I learnt to shoot at nine and shot expert marksman in the USAF; I'm comfortable with them.

Never wanted to rape anyone, and don't know anyone who did for those reasons.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
02-09-2016, 07:30 PM
No Hammering Cool but...

Quote:How much is this rapists, certain drug users, drinkers etc being part of the same macho culture that encourages the love of guns, the inherent violence in American football, the similar, if against the strict rules, violence in ice hockey. The, once at least, lionising of killers in western movies, that's including the "good guys." Etc

The fact that you even think of the culture I grew up in during that conversation about a rapist bothers me...I enjoy guns as a recreation, and I also keep them to defend myself, my family, and anyone else I see in danger, from harm. Everyone I know who carries/owns guns will tell you substantially the same thing, and mean it. The percentage of lawful gun owners who commit violent firearm crimes is ridiculously low- varies according to study, but it's typically less than 1%. If you check out the studies that claim higher numbers, you will find that they only say "gun owners who commit violent crimes", which means anyone who owns a gun and gets in a bar fight, even if the gun is at home in his safe, goes in the "anti-gun" column. But I've never seen even these "doctored" studies try to get by with more than 2 or 3%.

I would like to invite some of these more rabid anti-gun liberals to spend a month with me...if I thought they would maintain an open mind. (Unlike the recent reporter who claimed PTSD after he fired an AR-15, lmao) There is so much propaganda, on both sides...it reminds me of the cold war. I have found that real liberals and conservatives- not the TV blowhards- aren't nearly as far apart as they think they are, given open communication.

Quiet rant over. Rolleyes
[+] 2 users Like The Dark One's post