Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(06-06-2016 08:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 07:47 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  First rainn didn't get it exactly right on the number, though it is only a little smaller then number is actually 284,350. And according to the BJS, that is only 1.1% of crimes in america. 1.1% is not common. Now compare that with other crimes like assault which is 16.5% and robbery which is 2.5%. Both are still not common, but both happen more than rape/and sexual assault.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv14.pdf

Now being me, I like to look at opposing view points, fun thing to do, so I looked into the website into more detail. Now what I noticed is the 1&5 statistic(or in there case 1&6). Now the problem with these statistics is that they define rape in different ways. Here http://postimg.org/image/ve7seudwh/ shows the terrible questions asked. In fact such studies use this as rape http://postimg.org/image/hc67h1si5/, when things like lying about I will get you a gift. Next week to get a girl to consent to have sex with you shouldn't be rape, just an asshole thing to do. So if you are going to say 1&6 women are raped, that is false.

Now I hate rape, and I think the father and judge should be punished for their incompetence of law, and just because rape is not common, doesn't make it any less terrible.

The majority of rapes are never reported. Rape statistics are as accurate as suicide statistics. Meaning they are not at all accurate and don't mean shit.

100% of people who have been thrown in a rocket and launched into the sun never rape again.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 08:56 PM
(06-06-2016 08:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  The majority of rapes are never reported. Rape statistics are as accurate as suicide statistics. Meaning they are not at all accurate and don't mean shit.

If that is the case how can you measure rapes not reported accurately as well?

You can't of course. How many atheists are there in the US? Can't measure that either, but you know there are thousands in the closets all over the place.

Rape victims don't come forward because it involves public shame and stigma, letting more people touch you "there" just when it makes you recoil. They don't come forward because their parents, spouses and some others won't understand.

Suicides don't get reported as such because of the shame and stigma. Also, let's say your loved one just died and there is this bottle of pills sitting there, empty. If you put it in your pocket before calling 911 you get lots of money. You gonna take the bottle or are you going to let the police report a suicide and now the insurance won't pay?

Atheists are in the closet because they stand to lose families and jobs.

Probably there are bunches of other groups of folks out there who avoid being part of statistics, for whatever reason.

When a specific statistic is known to be flawed, then it's worthless. All the above statistics are totally worthless.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
06-06-2016, 09:42 PM
I know of 2 unreported rapes in my family alone, and zero reported rapes. Perfect anecdotal evidence, I know. But that is what we are left with. The number is likely staggering. It is terrible.
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
06-06-2016, 09:50 PM
(06-06-2016 09:42 PM)skyking Wrote:  I know of 2 unreported rapes in my family alone, and zero reported rapes. Perfect anecdotal evidence, I know. But that is what we are left with. The number is likely staggering. It is terrible.

It's estimated that the reported rapes only represent 20% of actual rapes. It's the single most underreported crime in the world.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
06-06-2016, 09:59 PM
(06-06-2016 08:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If that is the case how can you measure rapes not reported accurately as well?

You can't of course. How many atheists are there in the US? Can't measure that either, but you know there are thousands in the closets all over the place.

Rape victims don't come forward because it involves public shame and stigma, letting more people touch you "there" just when it makes you recoil. They don't come forward because their parents, spouses and some others won't understand.

Suicides don't get reported as such because of the shame and stigma. Also, let's say your loved one just died and there is this bottle of pills sitting there, empty. If you put it in your pocket before calling 911 you get lots of money. You gonna take the bottle or are you going to let the police report a suicide and now the insurance won't pay?

Probably there are bunches of other groups of folks out there who avoid being part of statistics, for whatever reason.

When a specific statistic is known to be flawed, then it's worthless. All the above statistics are totally worthless.

Yeah I get that, but how can you say it is the majority, if nobody can measure who and who doesn't report? I mean seeing how many false rape statistics happen, I can say that many women would report rape immediately, and that is another thing that can't be measured in numbers, despite the claims that they are at 8% or 40% that some people claim. So how can one claim to live in a rape culture if the numbers don't mean anything. How can you say that it is a majority if the numbers don't count?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-06-2016, 10:12 PM
(06-06-2016 09:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 08:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  You can't of course. How many atheists are there in the US? Can't measure that either, but you know there are thousands in the closets all over the place.

Yeah I get that, but how can you say it is the majority, if nobody can measure who and who doesn't report? I mean seeing how many false rape statistics happen, I can say that many women would report rape immediately, and that is another thing that can't be measured in numbers, despite the claims that they are at 8% or 40% that some people claim. So how can one claim to live in a rape culture if the numbers don't mean anything. How can you say that it is a majority if the numbers don't count?

Do me a huge favor and have your rape denial argument in your own thread. This ain't that thread. This thread is about rape court injustice. That is the topic, please stick to it. Thx

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
06-06-2016, 10:22 PM
In a culture of shame and victim blaming, you are not going to get neat little packets of data to play with. The under reporting has been documented but this is not an easy proposition to gather data from people who don't want to talk to anyone about it.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Okay I know I can be a smartass but now I can't sleep. Rape pisses me off and puts me into something of a restless "I wanna go hurt someone" mood.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 10:27 PM
Just make his life contorted to everything he cooks limited to/extended to 20 minutes no matter what it is he's cooking.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-06-2016, 10:30 PM
(06-06-2016 10:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah I get that, but how can you say it is the majority, if nobody can measure who and who doesn't report? I mean seeing how many false rape statistics happen, I can say that many women would report rape immediately, and that is another thing that can't be measured in numbers, despite the claims that they are at 8% or 40% that some people claim. So how can one claim to live in a rape culture if the numbers don't mean anything. How can you say that it is a majority if the numbers don't count?

Do me a huge favor and have your rape denial argument in your own thread. This ain't that thread. This thread is about rape court injustice. That is the topic, please stick to it. Thx

k

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube