Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(06-06-2016 10:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Okay I know I can be a smartass but now I can't sleep. Rape pisses me off and puts me into something of a restless "I wanna go hurt someone" mood.

Me too. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
06-06-2016, 10:36 PM
(06-06-2016 10:31 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 10:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Okay I know I can be a smartass but now I can't sleep. Rape pisses me off and puts me into something of a restless "I wanna go hurt someone" mood.

Me too. Sad
The only good takeaway was the two guys who caught him, chased him down, held him for the cops. Small thing I know.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
06-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Ugh this case pisses me off so much.
They're so worried about what the consequences are gonna be for *him* for the rest of his life. WHO FUCKING CARES. He's not gonna have fucking ptsd and trust issues for the rest of his life. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder at every turn or wonder if the guy across the street is gonna try something. He gets SIX MONTHS (?!?!?!) and goes back to his normal, power-filled life where he gets to live free of fear. It's such SUCH bullshit.

.../rant

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
06-06-2016, 11:36 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Colourcraze, he's going to have a very tough six months in jail. Likely it will be in 100% Solitary Confinement, during which time he will be shouted at by everyone who learns what he is. He will never hear the end of it. Rapists are not treated well in prison. Child molesters have it worse, but sex offenses in general are despised even by the worst (non-rapist) scumbags in there. If he refuses "Protective Custody" (solitary), then he will likely be subject to a 20-minute rape every day. I doubt they'll let him out of the Hole, though, since the prison system really does at least need to appear to TRY to prevent rape, and with his high-profile case, they'll know they'd get sued for letting him into General Population.

Also, to all those who are saying the rape statistics are "worthless", I'd like to point out that by every argument I've seen made so far (and read elsewhere), the only changes to the numbers would be to raise the amount, since the actual amount is unreported. You may question the amount of inflation given to the known cases that are reported, but keep in mind that what's reported is already a damning indictment of our culture, and even one unreported case inflating the known number of reported cases is too terrible to contemplate. The very fact that *any* victim feels she cannot come forward and be guaranteed of justice and sympathy from society is even worse.

Thus, the guesstimated numbers aren't "worthless", they're "just how bad is our rape culture?"

I believe the father's letter answers that question unequivocally.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 12 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-06-2016, 12:57 AM
Such a nice guy, teaching others about the dangers of sexual promiscuity while raping women.

I offer myself to shoot him in his fucking rapist face and then go to jail for....a fraction of a second.

Oh, no, i know something better (my fav movie again): Girl_nails

[Image: tumblr_mqd4mzKlkE1qifm00o1_500.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
07-06-2016, 12:59 AM
(06-06-2016 10:31 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

Me too. Sad

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
07-06-2016, 01:13 AM
Hmm, I already know my opinions on this will just earn me contempt. So I'll just stay quiet. I shouldn't have even typed this.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
07-06-2016, 02:31 AM
(06-06-2016 07:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's not his fault. His brain made him do it.

You're a victim of something, you just don't know what ...
07-06-2016, 02:52 AM
(07-06-2016 01:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm, I already know my opinions on this will just earn me contempt. So I'll just stay quiet. I shouldn't have even typed this.

The guy's a scumbag through and through. He lied his pretty boy way through the entire trial, was caught lying and oh yeah, caught raping someone... I don't see any other way to view this. He had a fair trial and has been handed sentence according to the law of the land. Lucky guy. Not everyone gets to have lawyers and appeals and all.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2016, 02:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 03:02 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(06-06-2016 09:59 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I mean seeing how many false rape statistics happen [...]

Do everyone here a favor, yourself included, and go look up, and post with a link to a reputable source, how many false rape reports have been uncovered -- alongside how many confirmed rapes have been demonstrated.

I think everyone here has picked up on the fact that even the father didn't deny the events. Even the father says "appropriate punishment" -- meaning the father knows that a wrong was committed. To introduce under those circumstances your complaint about false rape statistics is clearly a red herring. This is not a false rape, and even the rapist's own father implicitly gets that.

Why you don't is mystifying.

(06-06-2016 10:39 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Ugh this case pisses me off so much.
They're so worried about what the consequences are gonna be for *him* for the rest of his life. WHO FUCKING CARES. He's not gonna have fucking ptsd and trust issues for the rest of his life. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder at every turn or wonder if the guy across the street is gonna try something. He gets SIX MONTHS (?!?!?!) and goes back to his normal, power-filled life where he gets to live free of fear. It's such SUCH bullshit.

.../rant

An ex- of mine was a rape victim. Years after the fact, we had to deal with its fallout.

That a rapist should have to suffer the same fate (dealing with the fallout for the rest of their lives) is only justice. If they want sympathy, they can find it in the dictionary, between "shit' and "syphillis".
[+] 9 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post