Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 03:00 AM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
<edited, quote instead of edit, damn it>
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 04:27 AM
(06-06-2016 11:36 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  If it makes you feel any better, Colourcraze, he's going to have a very tough six months in jail. Likely it will be in 100% Solitary Confinement, during which time he will be shouted at by everyone who learns what he is. He will never hear the end of it. Rapists are not treated well in prison. Child molesters have it worse, but sex offenses in general are despised even by the worst (non-rapist) scumbags in there. If he refuses "Protective Custody" (solitary), then he will likely be subject to a 20-minute rape every day. I doubt they'll let him out of the Hole, though, since the prison system really does at least need to appear to TRY to prevent rape, and with his high-profile case, they'll know they'd get sued for letting him into General Population.

Also, to all those who are saying the rape statistics are "worthless", I'd like to point out that by every argument I've seen made so far (and read elsewhere), the only changes to the numbers would be to raise the amount, since the actual amount is unreported. You may question the amount of inflation given to the known cases that are reported, but keep in mind that what's reported is already a damning indictment of our culture, and even one unreported case inflating the known number of reported cases is too terrible to contemplate. The very fact that *any* victim feels she cannot come forward and be guaranteed of justice and sympathy from society is even worse.

Thus, the guesstimated numbers aren't "worthless", they're "just how bad is our rape culture?"

I believe the father's letter answers that question unequivocally.

Where I work there are more sex criminals than there are spots in seg. For that reason there is actually an entire pod of the protective custody unit which they are assigned to by default so they can all hang out together, safe from the rest of the inmates.

'Murican Canadian
07-06-2016, 08:50 AM
So, I read the Chicago Tribune story on this, and lost the hope that I was missing something here. I suppose it's possible the media is not presenting the facts right, but the story I read was pretty fucked up. I'm at a loss to explain how or why the judge would ever consider the defendants life impact.

If you're looking for some bright side to this story, it's this: the kids father is right. The kid's life is pretty screwed now. He's got a felony conviction and has to register as a sex offender. That's going to follow him a long, long time. Likely his whole life. That will have more impact on him than more jail time. That doesn't make this ok, it's not ok. But, the kid isn't walking away unscathed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
07-06-2016, 09:17 AM
What you want to bet the turd's a liar too????

The limp dicked punk probably only lasted 30 seconds or so - and thought he was bragging when he said he lasted 20 minutes.............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-06-2016, 11:00 AM
(07-06-2016 02:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 01:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm, I already know my opinions on this will just earn me contempt. So I'll just stay quiet. I shouldn't have even typed this.

The guy's a scumbag through and through. He lied his pretty boy way through the entire trial, was caught lying and oh yeah, caught raping someone... I don't see any other way to view this. He had a fair trial and has been handed sentence according to the law of the land. Lucky guy. Not everyone gets to have lawyers and appeals and all.
Sure he's made a terrible decision and is trying to protect himself from it now. I agree he should be punished appropriately (which is subjective, but at least should be appropriate under the law for the offense he did). I just don't agree with the sentiment that we shouldn't care about him as a person because he made a bad decision. Because he objectified, assaulted, and violated somebody doesn't make him no longer a human being. Yet so many people like to express themselves in cases like these like they want him publicly lynched. I don't understand the bloodlust. Let him repent, let him atone, let him receive his humane punishment, and let us all get on with our lives.

That last sentence sounded religious, but that wasn't the intention.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
07-06-2016, 11:08 AM
My take is a bit different. What upsets me is the inequity here. If he was poor and black, and all the other facts were the same, do you think he'd be getting 6 months in jail? We throw young black males in jail in this country for almost nothing, and we don't bat an eye. But, take an affluent white kids convicted of a violent crime and suddenly it's time to worry about his future.

It's an obscene double standard, and one that is an embarrassment to at least the California justice system.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 17 users Like BnW's post
07-06-2016, 11:10 AM
I've been kicking back and waiting for you to say your piece Adrianime. I knew you'd come backSmile
I agree with your sentiments. When people are powerless to get the justice they think is right, they often demonize the perpetrator.
07-06-2016, 11:12 AM
(07-06-2016 11:08 AM)BnW Wrote:  My take is a bit different. What upsets me is the inequity here. If he was poor and black, and all the other facts were the same, do you think he'd be getting 6 months in jail? We throw young black males in jail in this country for almost nothing, and we don't bat an eye. But, take an affluent white kids convicted of a violent crime and suddenly it's time to worry about his future.

It's an obscene double standard, and one that is an embarrassment to at least the California justice system.
True, it makes me ill to think of the people we throw away for little or nothing.
07-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Adrianime,

I disagree whole heartedly!
One, there was no justice here.
Two, telling people to get over it and move on when we empathize with the victim is asinine and callus.
Three, people who ignore injustice are destined to have it heaped upon them as well. Outrage is a motivator to change. You act like "whiny bitch rape victim should just stfu". Is that what you're saying?
Four, he didn't steal a candy bar here, he sexually assaulted a person who will live with the ramifications of his actions her whole life. Obviously something you have no concept of.

You seem to be siding with the judge here with sympathy for the criminal and fuck all nothing for the victim. That is rape culture you are perpetuating, dude, and it's vile.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
(07-06-2016 11:29 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Adrianime,

I disagree whole heartedly!
One, there was no justice here.
Two, telling people to get over it and move on when we empathize with the victim is asinine and callus.
Three, people who ignore injustice are destined to have it heaped upon them as well. Outrage is a motivator to change. You act like "whiny bitch rape victim should just stfu". Is that what you're saying?
Four, he didn't steal a candy bar here, he sexually assaulted a person who will live with the ramifications of his actions her whole life. Obviously something you have no concept of.

You seem to be siding with the judge here with sympathy for the criminal and fuck all nothing for the victim. That is rape culture you are perpetuating, dude, and it's vile.
That's not what I am reading there. This sentence did not even come close to fitting the crime and that was one of his conditions.
Morphing BnW and this post, he should get the same sentence a young black guy would in the same circumstances. Sure as hell would not be a few months.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post