Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
RE: Father doesn't think son should get 6MO for only 20 minutes of rape.
(07-06-2016 01:13 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm, I already know my opinions on this will just earn me contempt. So I'll just stay quiet. I shouldn't have even typed this.

(07-06-2016 11:29 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  You seem to be siding with the judge here with sympathy for the criminal and fuck all nothing for the victim. That is rape culture you are perpetuating, dude, and it's vile.

*sigh*

I haven't said anything about the sentence of this particular case. Only of the attitudes of those who look at him like an non-human animal.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
07-06-2016, 12:16 PM
This is 'Murrica. The real issue is not about "privilege." It's about what color you are.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/wrongful...-sentence/

Quote:Brian Banks, a black former football star who spent five years in prison for a rape he didn’t commit, said he was flabbergasted by the six-month sentence handed down to a white former college swimmer.

Brock Turner — an All-American swimmer with Olympic aspirations — could have been sentenced to a maximum of 14 years in a state prison for his conviction on sexual assault, and prosecutors asked for a six-year term.

But Judge Aaron Persky imposed a lighter sentence — which could last only three months with good behavior — because he worried about the “severe impact” prison would have on the 23-year-old.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
The victim herself has spoken about this.

I am in awe. She has not lost her humanity, she hasn't become bitter, she's not even vengeful. Read it. It's worth it. For someone who has been through hell to be this together... wow.

Something fairly notable is that she herself does not wish ill on her attacker. She addresses the unfairness of the sentencing but with logic and common sense. This is an amazing woman.

The real loser in this *is* Brock what-is-face. She has come back from this ordeal stronger. He will be a small man all his life. A whiny, entitled shit who cannot accept responsibility for his actions. He might even live a good life, full of money and power, once he's out of jail... but... he'll never in a million years match the worth of this girl.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 11 users Like morondog's post
I don't want the state to kill him. So that means we have to do something else and at the end of the day he will be back in society.
07-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Passive aggressive. Look it up. That's talking oppositional without trying to take any responsibility for an indefensible position.

You know, posting, "I shouldn't have even posted" while all the time you're posting exactly what you wanted but without any ownership.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
07-06-2016, 12:22 PM
(07-06-2016 12:09 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Only of the attitudes of those who look at him like an non-human animal.

Sure let's not forget that he too was once a bright, bouncy, baby boy. That he too loves his mother. Cries when he's sad. Rapes unconscious people when conscious people don't heed his cries for help in the form of drunken attempts to seduce people.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Thanks for that link, Morondog. I cried, reading it. She is an amazing woman.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-06-2016, 01:52 PM
I read it as well.
07-06-2016, 02:01 PM
(07-06-2016 12:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  I don't want the state to kill him. So that means we have to do something else and at the end of the day he will be back in society.

True. So we want to make an impression on him that rape is not anything he wants to do. It's not necessarily an addiction like some perversions, it's probably a crime of opportunity , lack of empathy and thoughtlessness. We can remove the opportunity and wait for some thoughtfulness regarding such situations to kick in.

With a father like that, and such a short sentence, I doubt he will learn anything from it. He needs to want to avoid this in the future.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
07-06-2016, 02:08 PM
(07-06-2016 12:18 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Passive aggressive. Look it up. That's talking oppositional without trying to take any responsibility for an indefensible position.

You know, posting, "I shouldn't have even posted" while all the time you're posting exactly what you wanted but without any ownership.
*sigh*, don't worry, I've been long aware that you don't like how I conduct myself on here. While I'm pretty sure the passive aggressive characterization is mis-attributed. I own my words in that I try not to say anything I don't mean. However I'm not interested in conflict, nor do I care if you want to argue about my opinions.

I simply wish to express myself without being attacked. You can call that whatever you want.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post